Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have two networks (TV and inet) that I want to connect through one cable to another room and then "split" them again.The idea was:Connect the cables from the home central box to each own port on a SLM2008. Connect another port on the switch to the ...

I had a 3rd party vendor ( which is unavailable now); set-up a lab for me, which included installing a new Cisco SG 100 16 unmanaged switch. Worked great.During the summer all connectivity, ISP etc. was disconnected. At the beginning of the year we h...

rhooksome by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm unable to find a configuration guide for 12.1(22)EA8a. Currently we have it running on a Cisco WS-C2940-8TT-S and I'm curious as to whether it is capable of running SSH. Looks like Cisco has removed the version from their download area completely...

For some reason I cannot telnet to the management IP address of our coreswitch (I can connect to other interfaces btw).The management IP address is 192.168.2.1. I am trying to telnet to this address from a different vlan (192.168.13.0/24).This switch...

Hello community, I am wondering about one thing that surprising me :On a 6500 IOS I have an access port configured as an access port as "spanning-tree portfast edge"I can notice the continuous sending of BPDU through the interface : ******** On the 6...

i am trying to create a backup router for my 1841.i copied most of the code and it took it.but when i try to copy the original:ip forward-protocol ndip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 MFR1.500the backup router shows the following:no ip classlessip route 0.0.0....

scanaan by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,i have a strange issue with nexus 5k.I have a couple of 5k.On both i configured a vlan and and interface vlan with physical ip address and and virtual ip address(HSRP).I configured a portchannel between them and allowd the vlan created to pas...

Hello,I am building a lab for testing HA and VPCs for our new servers and CNAs. Here is what is in my lab:2 Nexus 5548 switches with L3 daughter card2 2232 Fabric Extenders1 4507 switch3 Servers with a Emulex CNAsMy question is when I go to set up th...

Pete89 by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI have a 2821 router which 99% CPU load. I check show processes it indicate that the Pool Manager and IP Input causing a lot of problem.Can anyone help? ThanksR-MPLS#sh procLoad for five secs: 99%/29%; one minute: 99%; five minutes: 98%Time sour...