Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi  Multiple SNMP platforms report power supply failure . However CLI show command output does not report any fault.SNMP alarmEvent Time: Wed 07 Aug 2011 14:46:24Event ID: E060344Khi_switch - Fault with Power SupplySwitch Khi_switch  #show env allFAN...

Hi I am trying to add a few vlans to a trunk port but it seems like i can only add one vlan. The scenario is i am connecting the switch to a linux box. I have successfully created vlans on the switch. Here is what i am doing.switch(config-if)#switchp...

Hi all, I have been testing an HSRP setup using HSRP v1 and have been wondering why it takes so long to switch back to the original active router after it has recovered from a failure.The timings I have when using the defaults, is a loss of packet fo...

g.peart by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning,I have 2 CRS-1 Routers configured for HSRP which act as default gateway to 4 Cisco 2511 network consoles.  In this configuration, we have asymmetrical routing setup, so inbound traffic goes from R1 ----- towards cisco 2511 network consol...

I have a customer who has purchased 4000W power supplies for the 6500.  Power budget is not an issue, but it only comes with the L6-30 plug.  They only have L6-20 plugs in their closets.  Is there a way to get an adaptor for this or do they need to g...

adboland by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! File Timeout

I was wondering if there is a setting on cisco switches and routers that could cause a file to timeout while being transferred. Such as a max file size or time limit. We are transferring images from a server through our cisco switches to computers. T...

johnnywi43 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi guys,I wanted to know the difference between half duplex and full duplex ratings.I know half duplex is unidirectional data transfer(send or recieve) and full duplex is bidirectional data transfer.(send and recieve).So what is the rating 100 mbps o...

I have two 3750's connected by a port-channel.  Both switches have connections to the WAN.  I would like to run OSPF between the two switches so that I can provide some sort of load balancing, however, I cannot get them to form neighbor relationships...

Hi guysI have 3560X with LAN Base software. And I cannot do routing between vlans. Static routing is not possible too because don't have ip route command.I need the IP Base. My question is, why I will buy a 3560X with LAN Base if this switch don't ma...

I am configuring a PoE 3560 and it seems to think that it is a non-PoE model.  When I first put the switch in, I plugged a few phones into it.  They powered up, registered, etc.  I received a call a few days later saying none of the phones would powe...

Resolved! Nexus 5000+2000

Hi,Do you know if it´s possible mix the topologys dual-homed with single-homed?For example:Two N5k, connected to 6 N2k with dual-homed and connected to 2 N2k with single-homed.Thanks in advance,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card