Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello guys,is there a way to configure a private-vlan switchport on the opposite side of a trunk port?To make a long story short I have multiple Rooms with the same functionality. So I wanted to group these Rooms in the same VLAN, however Users in th...

hello we have two nexus 9138 switches that are connected to servers using VPC configuration when I preferred to upgrade for one of them the servers indicated the interfaces went down and no network connection appears while the second switch is up . t...

Resolved! spanning-tree

Hello,I have a hub and spoke network topology, the following switch is connected to the central switch (root bridge) via the port Gi1/0/49 (root port) and all other ports are access port and connected to end devices. I would like to know why the port...

adel81 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Afternoon all,  I have a stack of 5 switches currently running IOS version c2960x-universalk9-tar.152-7.E5.tar. After a power outage on site the whole stack was down, upon reboot we lost switch 2. Now I have tried replacing the switch twice, as well ...

WakeL by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I currently have a 2960 in rommon mode with no available images on it. I have had 8 attempts at transferring a new image to it via xmodem which takes 5 hours each time and it gets to 100% and then fails with an I/O error listed on the switch c...

Hobi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have this weird issue where the switch majority of times doesn't allow SSH directly into it from LAN but if SSH'ed through VPN or through another network devices, it always allows. version 15.2no service padservice timestamps debug datetime m...

farhanp by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello My Catalyst WS-3650-24TS switch shows read only flash file system.and file packages.conf is missing. Please guide to fix it. Interface GE 0 link down***ERROR: PHY link is downflash:packages.conf: no such file or directoryCannot open file flash:...

I have a cisco 2960 switch.  Trying to recover a password.  Have tried several different ways to recover it.  I have let the switch load completely, then pressing the mode button waiting for the light to turn amber and then green.  I...

tnitz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes