Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have DHCP snooping activated for vlan 11. I configured database agent on a remote TFTP server. DHCP bindings file is populated. However, a "show ip dhcp snooping binding" displays 0 entries.is this normal behaviour, since bindings are written to...

Here is the network map: R1 is used for internet connection. It is going to be DHCP server for both vlans.  R2 is just used for the phone system. two vlans are configured on the switch and inter-vlan routing is configured on the R1. A Comcast cable m...

I'm trying to locate switchports for a handful of servers. From an upstream 4506, I can see them connected off a 3750 stack but when I log on to the 3750 stack and run 'sh mac addr addr <addr>' the addr is not populated in the mac table.What could be...

aeryilmaz by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am interesting if WS-C3750V2-24FS-S  switch supports GLC-T SFP. In the Compatibility list wich is here http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL_6981.htmlthere is nothing about that ?

ngtransge by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,If an access vlan port is configured in following way, is it wrong?what is the use of  "switchport trunk native vlan 52" in below configuration and if correct, what function does it do.interface FastEthernet1/11 description aadg_GFM switchport swi...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi GuysI've been studying deployment of PIM in campus environment, and it is mentioned that the HSRP active and the PIM designated router (PIM-DR) should be synchronized on the same distribution switch. Why is that? what happens if unicast is being s...

w.iqbal by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to know the interface connected to a server based only on the Mac-address of server on a 6509?There is no IP on the serverThis is not possible as per my knowledge but I need some document showing that in order to send it to the client....

Moin Khan by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a WS-X6748-GE-TX module that I want to put into a 6506.  It's in slot 4, and for some reason I can see it in 'show module' output just fine, but it won't power up (status is PwrDown).  I thought that all of the slots of this switch were dual f...

Dear All,I have one-way audio issues with IP phones 7962G connected to a catalyst 3750. The problem is calling between two IP phones one the same switch and same VLAN. The scaniors are as follows:1. Both IP phones on the same switch and same VLAN. Th...

I have cisco 6509 cisco switch and want to restrict bandwidth on both direction guide me what i have to do in configuration mode.I am already service policy but it is working in either input or output menas one direction only. I want to make it both ...

Hello Team,What is the difference between BPDU guard and BPDU Filter.I have BPDU Filter and BPDU Guard enabled in two access ports 1/0/8 and 1/0/10.I am connecting a cross cable from 1/0/8 and 1/0/10 but it doesnt shutdown the port instead it creates...