Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

If write a Extended or Standard ACL on a router , mentioning 5 lines including deny or permit ip traffic, at the end of ACL if i forget to write permit ip any any . whether it will assign deny ip any any as default command at the end of ACL or perm...

Hi all.Strange issue with PXE boot.Problem:3750 Series running (C3750-IPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(50)SE3.VLAN INFO:VLAN1 = High school dataVLAN208 = Middle school dataVLAN209 = Elem school dataIP helpers for both PXE server and DHCP server in all v...

Hi Friends,I have two 6509 Switches at the Core working redundant to each other. My servers would be directly connecting to one of the module in the Core. I have some application servers which are using Microsoft NLB. As of now they are connected to ...

I just purchased a 520 to add to my basic small business network mainly for the PoE. I have a router at 192.186.1.1 then I want my switch. I'm trying to setup the switch following the instructions included. I get to the Static IP...what should I p...

Hi All,My site has a network layout like the attachment. I have already set the MTU to 9000 on both node A and node D. The switch interface connected to node A and node D are also jumbo enabled now. But my jumbo frame still cannot function now. Is it...

teoyifang by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,Would anybody happen to know what needs to be done to allow a IPSec VPN session on the ASA to be established from an inside network.I have it working on a Router but couldn't figure out just yet why it doesn't work on the ASA.I apologize...

rdeangel by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All.I was checking my ports on errors on a subject switch and all was OK. but one ios command -"show controllers ethernet-controller <my interface>" has shown me that some ports have"Too large frames" in transmit section and "Valid Frames, too Lar...

Hi friends,I have a cisco 6509 with CatOS. Can you please advice the command line to view the crashinfo file. I tried to get thru tftp; but it's not readable format. Please advice.Thanks!!

Hello! I'm new to Cisco devices and now have troubles with routing from LAN to internet. My ISP offers PPTP connection via ethernet cable, and I'm trying to setup Cisco 871w (c870-advsecurityk9-mz.124-15.T7.bin). I managed to connect to ISP, so I'm n...

backdrift by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everybody,I came across the cisco 2960 Lan Lite series switches and I'm having some troubles figuring out why the console port doesn't work. These are web managed switches as well as CLI of course but the console port seems to be disabled on this....

rdeangel by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I need to upgrade my IOS from s72033-pk9sv-mz.122-17d.SXB11a to the newest IOS with security fixes. From what I found s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF17 seems to be the way to go but I would like to be sure. Should I expect to loos...

04_TCRMCQ by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes