Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am in the process of converting our devices over to SSH. I am trying to make this as seemless as possible.Here is the issue:I want to be able to type an IP at the CLI and use SSH, instead of the default method of telnet.I want to not have to use t...

I am looking for a simple configuration for snmp v3. do i even need a group. I am the only one who logs in. something where I see all system mibs.

newbie by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have some basic doubts. On "Chasis based" switches where are different memory locations.Is bootflash, NVRAM on the chasis itself?When we access disk0, or slot 0 which memory it refers to most likely PCMCIA cards on Sup engine. ( I may be wrong)....

One of our 4510R switches is locking up once in a while. When it occurs, the status indicator on the Supervisor V module blinks green and every second light on the utilization indicator is lit. All other interface modules have a red status indicator....

Hi all.I'm not sure my question is right addressed in "Network Infrastructure" channel, so please eventually redirect me to the right channel.Question:are Cisco Router 7206VXR with IOS c7200-spservicesk9-mz.122-33.SRC3.bin fully supported by CiscoVie...

g.popescu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a asa 5505 when I set it up for dhcp from my ISP things are great. Now that I have a static IP it dose not work. I have tried creating a static route and I see that it is getting traffic to the DNS server I use but no data is transferred...

Is it recommended to use CAT3750E (2 of them stacked) as a core switches? We have under 200 users in the building but all production servers are elsewhere. The only traffic going from this building is Internet and our private network. There isn't ...

All,This is weird but maybe some out there can shed some light on this. I did a simple network scan of a subnet that is not configured on any of my networking devices. My scan results show I have machines on these addresses but the weird thing is tha...

mrashby by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear Friends,The CPU utilization for a 6500 with Sup 720 and IOS version 12.2(33)SXH3(is occassionally high. But when i try to get in and issue the command sh proc cpu sorted 1min, the CPU utilization is low at that time.Please find enclosed the outp...

After learning the basics of this router over the past few days I can't get the actual setup/settings to remain saved after the router has been shut down for a day or two (still learning and experimenting).Having set it up the way I want it, both thr...

cdavies74 by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi. I did some reading on backplanes and from what i gathered it is a bus to connect the router/switch. What i don't understand is what is real purpose/function of a backplane. Forgive me if my question seems very simple.Thanks in advance for yo...

Hi,Please could someone tell me what the maximum string length is for the CatOS command "set port name"? I've done some searching but can't find the answer.version 5.5(19)Thanks