Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Team,If we disable ip classless command in routers then the router will discard the packet for unknown subnets which fall winthin a kniwn major network but it forward packets via default route which belongs to different networks.Now i want to kn...

Resolved! IOS name

Hi There,can anyone tell me what is the meaning of the last part of IOS name = .SE5 (in a switch IOS image) ?c3750-ipbase-mz.122-35.SE5.binAny link with this information ?Thanks.Andrei.

How to avoid flooding with broadcaste/multicaste frameScenario: I would to distribute ghost image from a server in server vlan A to another end devices in same vlan B but in different Cisco switch. Do I have to be aware flooding issue in my network...

sfanayei by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Some one please help!i was following this guide on how to transfer IOS images to a router.http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_tech_note09186a008015bfac.shtml#proc_3600Around the part where i changed the baud rate to 115200 T...

Ireneakue by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloI've been reading a book called End-to-end qos network design and the author sugest a setup which i don't think it works anyway just wanted your opinion about it.So i have a 3750 access switch with poe, cisco ip phones are conected to it and pc ...

%C4K_HWPORTMAN-4-BLOCKEDTXQUEUE: Blocked transmit queue HwTxQId0 on Switch Phyport Gi10/46, count=13773Does anyone know how to solve this? Other than hw-module reset or power cycle?There must be a more elegant solution in the world of Cisco surely?

I hope someone will be able to explain when / when not to use CGMP on a router.Our router has multicast routing enabled, PIM-SM in place on both WAN and LAN interfaces. My understanding is that CGMP needs to be enabled on the router's LAN interface ...

mariov652 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a Catalyst 6509 but I do not know if it is a Cisco Catalyst 6509-E or Catalyst 6509-NEB or Catalyst 6509-NEB-A or Catalyst 6509-V-EIn the chassis is writen catalyst 6500 Series.How do I know the chassis model??I did show ver and it showscis...

Dear All Expert,Could you let me know command as below that have issue ...this cisco switch 2960G(8ports)FastEthernet0/7 unassigned YES unset up down-The status is up but Protocol is down ,i tried to no shut interface ...

HI Team,Can you please confirm if "Cisco Catalyst 3560G-24TS" is a layer 3 switch or layer 2 switch.After upgrading the IOS to advanced IP services i still could not see any options in Cisco DM to configure IPs on each port or IP on each VLAN.Thansk ...

Resolved! etherchannel

Hi every body!Let say we have a etherchannel named port-channel p01.Po1 has three ports in access mode.My question is is it possible to configure po1 as trunk which in turn set the components ports in etherchannel as trunk?thanks a lot!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes