Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! Basic CEF question

Can someone explain how exactly CEF reduces the work on the CPU when the CEF Adjacency and FIB both reside in the Route Processor just like the Route table? This link doesn't exactly say how the CPU load is reduced. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/io...

Hi Guys,had a small Q; I have a switch connecting to a router. The interface settings on the switch is auto and auto. Whereas on the router it's configured to be 100 full. Now I get errors on the interface (both sides). The very moment I configure th...

HiWhat would you recommend for a multicast configuration on dual 6500's with Sup720's ? Each of the 720's have about 20 VLAN's/subnets. No routing protocol. All hosts point to the Sup720 as their default gateway and anything that is not connected ...

Hi,When I perform a "write mem" on my 5 switches 3750E stack the CPU is climbing to 100% ? Why ?I also noticed that when I have at least 4 switches in my stack the performances are very slow for wr mem, sh run etc ... ????B RegardsOlivier

ogor by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have different privilege levels and to set the commands the users on each level are authorized to type I have configured: privilege mode level x command. This is done on equipment running IOS.Is there a way to define these commands per privilege le...

Every now and then I get a rogue DHCP server on my network. When i do a sh arp on the address the MAC comes up incomplete. Does anyone know a way to track this down?

I am new to all this so please bear with me.I have a WS-C3750G-24S-E switch and am using it to setup port based VLANs.I want to connect seperate switches to each VLAN port so that I can put several PCs connected to the local switch then connect the l...

peter by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, ISR 2821, IOS packaging is SPServ. Have a pretty but important to me question.{(conf)# int ? <!--- want to check is there 'vlan' int is available... there is no Vlan in the ouput ...}What conditions must be met/configured before SVI (switched ...

Hi,Currently i am using c2940-i6k2l2q4-mz[1].121-22.EA10 in which i am not able to enable SSH for remote login, c2940-i6k2l2q4-mz[1].121-22.EA12.bin, but it give an error PERMISSION DENIED.Please let me know what IOS version will support SSH & from w...