Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

HiI am planning addressing and configuration and I need help, see my architecture in atachement. Branch is connected to central site by radio link and I should configure VPN between 1841 and asa to secure each linkIP phone use DHCP and DHCP server is...

nicanor00 by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 5 usable IP addresses(static) from my ISP. I want to use 8 devices inside of my LAN. I have linksys for LAN. Give me suggession1-Should buy cisco router to get 3 more IP address OR2-Request more IP's from ISP.What is possible and cheap.If rout...

tahir1234 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hiplease can some one advice me is it possible to load balance servers in two different routed network using CSS.It is very urgent. It would be helpful if some one can reply me asap.Thanks in Advance.

Hi!I have the following routers ...2650 and two 2620s running c2600-i-mz.123-26.bin. THe problem is that when I create a sub-interface the option for encapsulation is not there. If I am not mistaken, the IOS is the most current release for the rout...

Here is the situation:My company has outgrown our current linksys setup and has recently purchased a Cisco 871w router. We have two servers that need access to the outside world (an email server and a PBX that handles our voip). With the linksys we...

I am working on a LAN design. The total users are 26000. It is multifloor single building. I would like to know what architecture should I propose - 3tier or 2-tier. Also what should be there in core?

I like to broadcast all the packets that is getting received on one port to all other ports.(even an unicast packet)..(you can say, i can use a HUB instead :)..but i dont have a hub now) I am using Alcatel 6850 24 X series switch. Kindly let me know...

We have several 4500s that run SSO and ISSU. Because of some legacy equipment connected to the supervisor card, we want the top blade to become active so long as it's not in error. Each time we reload, the b/u supervisor is promoted to primary. Is...

jimmyc_2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there anyone aware of any issues in using all 10 slots in Cisco 4510 switch. I remember there were some backplan issues in WS-C4510R when you use all slots including slot 10.

nawas by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,Does anyone know how to exclude a DHCP address for a DHCP pool in a specific VRF ?See the following config:ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.0.1ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.0.2ip dhcp excluded-address 172.16.0.3!ip dhcp pool GUEST vrf GUEST...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All,I know I have printers that are broadcasting ipx packets. I've turned off the ones that I could, but now I have a new problem. I'm seeing several macs from a wireshark capture that is broadcasting, but in my 3750, I see those mac addresses being ...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card