Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a strange problem. We have nat setup on our gig 0/0 interface. You would think that it wouldn't create an arp entry for the natted I.P since its being done inside. However, it seems that for some reason, the nat I.P we are using is being adver...

Hi guys,looking for a little confirmation on this one. class-map match-all CUST1 match access-group 12class-map match-all CUST2 match access-group 11class-map match-all CUST3 match access-group 10!!policy-map GUARANTEE class CUST1 bandwidth 4000 cla...

We have a router 2600 connected to a 3560 switch. On router side the link was configured as IP interface, on switch side was configured as trunk, 1q, native vlan 7XX.Problem: switch can see the router in show CDP nei command, but the router can't. Th...

wuh by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I got this working, but detection of dual-active is really slow. I can't get conversion below 20 seconds. Below is my interface config. Is this the best that is possible ? I know Pagp+ is (much)faster, but i am focusing on BFD now.interface GigabitEt...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Everybody,I was planning to implement redundancy at core level by using once C4506 and a 3750G switch using HSRP and the trunks from various distribution layer switches would be connecting each of these switch. Primary trunk to C4506 and the co...

arabindas by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if this can be done to a workstation? I know phones can be done through option codes, but I think those codes are vendor specific. Is there an option that anyone knows of that will assign a workstation to a vlan?Thanks!John

Hi,I'd like to setup an HSRP architecture between 2 6500 (MSFC2) and 1 4503 (Sup2 plus TS).The Idea is to use 2 HSRP Groups for each VLAN. (I will have 2 gateways for each VLAN)But I would like to know how many groups I can use on the 4503?I found th...

rdubo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI have a remote office with a 2960 24 port switch connected to 2 2600 routers (redundancy). I'm using sub-interfaces on the routes configured for .1Q encapsulation to trunk 2 VLAN's from the switch to the routers. 1 of the routers only seems to see...

rshum by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hellomy customer has faced to flapping addresses issue, due to STP reconfiguration problem.this is intermittent and difficult to catch in livewhich logs or debugs can is set on core switches (WS-C4507R 12.2(20)EWA3)in order to get more informations ...

I have a client that wants me to install an 1841 router at there location. I have attached the layout of the network to be configured. They want to replace the switch with the router and load balance 2 ISPs so that each I.P address gets failover from...

Ok I'm confused, according to the ccna syllabus hosts to hubs use a straight through cable and hosts to routers use a crossover.... so how did I yesterday manage to unplugg four hosts from a hub and plug them directly into a ISR router and it work!!!...

Hello All,On a WS-C3750G-24TS-1U running c3750-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin getting this messages "%PLATFORM_ENV-1-PWR: Faulty internal power supply detected"I have looked at the error message and the following bug, CSCse49694 but this should have been...

Hello, I have a 7206VXR with an NPE400 and a PA-FE-TX card. No matter what I try I cannot get either 100Mb interface to connect at full duplex. There is no speed option available, but the option for full or half is there. It is set to full, and I ...

t.khan by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I must connect two Cisco 7606 with two Cisco Catalyst 4506 at level 2 only. The final topology is a square. The Catalyst 4506 are connected to three routers in dual-homing and have a Port-Channel between them. When I connect the 4506 to the 7606 I...

urbinir by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes