Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

we have installed one Ws-4507R-E switch and it is having 4 nos of WS-X4648-RJ45V-E module. When we tried to connect one smart card reader to any of the ports in these modules it is showing not connecetd in the interface status. At the same time if we...

shibi.er by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every body!I learned that if one statically configure trunking on switch port using " switchport mode trunk" , it will enable trunking on that port regardless of state of remote end switch 's port.So does it mean if I confiure the trunk staticall...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have been working with a nortel switch and some voip phones, we have had to make some changes on the phone so it marks the traffic as cos 6, as apparently nortel switches cos value of 6 is premium, where as on other switches it is cos value...

I tried to set a default route on a 3750 switch:ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.1.1.1But this did not work to route the traffic to other subnets. "ip default-gateway 10.1.1.1" however did work to route. Why did my all-0's route not work? Thanks.

mmedwid by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am receiving a PPPoEoQinQ mirrored traffic from another Huawei switch to 3560G switch. I am able to see this traffic on 3560G port. When I mirror this traffic (SPAN Configuration) to destination port, the traffic is zero on destination port. i.e I ...

mgupta by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi every body! i just want to confirm the following:sw1(config-if)#switchport #switchport mode dynamic desirablesw2(config-if)#switchport # switchport mode dynamic desirable.Will the trunk form? or do we need to use the comm...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! dtp on access port

hi every body! if we configure the switchport as access port , should we disable the dtp to save unnecessary dtp messages on access port?or configuring port as access port automatically disable the dtp?thanks a lot!

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've been playing around with a three area ospf network in Packet Tracer 5. I've had some success, but would like to make sure that my ip addressing is sound.I have subnetted 10.0.0.0 using a /30 mask. Each area will be summarized using 255.255.25...

pkoritsas by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If I have the followingHost A:int fa0/1switc mode accessswitch access vlan 2int fa0/24switc mode accessswit access vlan 2Int fa0/24 connects directly with another switch on its fa0/24 and it's configuration is:int fa0/24switc mode accessswit access v...

Trying to design a network for a client - under the tools interface I see a WS-C3560-12PC-S - however I cannot find any info about this device on the Cisco website. I am wanting to know that it is definately a POE switch (all 12 ports), is a manage...