Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I saw this command posted a few days back and just now got around to trying it. Do you have any idea why I am not seeing any statistics on this switch?SP#sh controllers utilizationPort Receive Utilization Transmit UtilizationGi1/0/1 ...

Hi all. I want to configure a route-map to route traffic to null0. Is this possible somehow? Null0 doesn't seem to be an option with the "set ip next-hop" cmd. Or is there another way of doing this. Background - I want to blackhole any traffic with a...

w.frye by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have a LAN behind ASA 5505, interface NAT/PAT is configured. External interface is configured for PPPoE. Everything works fine except I cannot ping from a LAN PC external hosts. I can however ping external hosts from ASA itself. ICMP is allowed...

Hi There,I'm having a problem with the ntp time passed on to a number of routers/switches in the LAN after day light saving started two weeks ago here in sydney.The following is the configuration and the time on the router acting as ntp server,router...

egua5261 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco 1841 integrated services router with wireless built-in. I am attempting to use SDM to configure the wireless, but when I click the 'Wireless Application' button it says I have to install it on the router first. I am running SDM Version...

cisco by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When i redistribute ospf to rip using route-map using ip-prefix, it doesnt work at all. when i use access-list, it works!.This config doesnt workrouter rip version 2 redistribute ospf 1 metric 1 route-map OSPF-RIPip prefix-list OSPF-RIP seq 5 permit ...

We have setup a DHCP server in our network. VLAN A and VLAN B are connected to our 3560 switch. The DHCP server is on VLAN A and the clients attempting to pull an IP are on VLAN B. Within VLAN B I have input the ip helper-address command with the I...

Hi,I want to install another WIC and another T1 line into our 2811 routers so that we can have two T1 lines between our offices. We currently have one T1 line, but we have an application that consumes the bandwidth, so we would like to install a seco...

Is there any downside at all to enabling portfast on an ESX server? Do I have to worry about vSwitch creating loops or any other reason that would cause a loop doing this? It is a end host after all.Thanks,John

Hi,Does Cisco support 208V AC input voltage on its 4500 switch. The 208V is deliver over 2 120V phase. I know it works but do they suuport it?All Catalyst 4500 series switch AC-input power supplies require single-phase source AC. The source AC can be...

We're in the process of setting up new data center and thinking about not running VTP. I was curious to see what other are doing. We had a large L2 network with lots of VLAN and 3560s as top of the rack switches and had lots of issues because of peop...

Resolved! remote span

hello,I have a 4507R Switch,and a 4 switchs 3550. i want configure a remote Span ( from some ports in each switchs to a unique port in the 4507R). could you help me with an example of configuration?!many thanksHicham

habouzyad by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi AllI have implemented VACLs in my environment to overcome the limitation of having only 2 span ports on a 6500 series switch. I have used up the availble 2 ports for spannign traffic for some other applications.I am using VACLs specifically for ca...

mp0700077 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How exactly does age time work in port security? Currently I don't have age time set for port security and I was under the impression that this means that age time is disabled which meant the secure address is active on the port forever.Recently tho...