Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have configured my 1711 for PPPoE and I am having an issue where some webpages wont load and where somepages will load but the images dont show up. For example I can bring this forum site up. I have tried using different computers but the pages...

I'm working on a project for school, and it's beginning to dawn on me that the course isn't entirely up to date.Anyway, I have six departments each with their own subnet, and I need to aggregate each department's labs and offices, etc. The course boo...

rytomross by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys,I have a new router that gave me an eror on bootup for the first timeafter readonly ROMMON is iniliasedit gives me the error device does not contain a valid FSboot: cannot open "flash:"boot: cannot determine first executable file name on the ...

We have a client migrating their workstations to Vista from XP, replacing XP workstations with new workstations running Vista, clena install not upgrade. After several workstations were upgraded to Vista, they are not able to get DHCP IP addresses w...

ereinoehl by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that one can use the "redundancy" option on a static NAT to deal with duplicate IP messages when using the same NAT's on multiple HSRP routers.I'm trying to think through when this should be necessary. Why do routers with duplicate NAT's, on t...

I have a server that goes through a switch asa switch then a pc. The server and PC are on two different subnets (vlans). I can ping and do a traceroute fine, but if If try to put a large file from the server to the PC it starts but then the transfer ...

wplantier by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AP Aironet 1242 in my LAN. I want this AP to pick an address from the DHCP server and give to my wireless users.My wireless users can see the wireless network,connect to it but the AP is not giving out addresses to any wireless users,its sa...

Folks:I have a 6509 switch running 12.2(18)SXF8 with about 5 vlans configured on it in L2 and L3 (SVI).Hosts on different vlans cannot PING each other successfully. So, a host on vlan 120 cannot ping a host on vlan 124. In fact, I cant even do a succ...

lamav by Level 8
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,Does the Cat500 Express switch support any sort of user authentication except from using the locally configured users? I need to point the auth at a ACS server for PCI complianceCheersDavid

Hi,Need to deploy a VSS solution:actually the topology on the core is configured with 2 switch cisco core A,B with 2 etherchannel for back to back connection and with 16 EtherChannel vs the access switches configured with mode on and PAgp (8 ethercha...

HelloI have recently gotten a new 1801 to use at Home to terminate my cable broadband but I cannot seem to get the PCs connected to the switch ports to access the internet. The NAT configuration I have done is:WAN interface:interface FastEthernet0 ip...

twhittle1 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! High Availability

Hi, I want to design my network such that my server can still be accessible in the event of a network interface failure (on server), cable failure or switch failure. See attached diagram.For example - the web server is 192.168.1.1. Even if one link...