Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi, I would like to know how do the Cisco network devices as well as FWSM communicate with different VLANs defined on Cat6500 24/48 port switch. Is SVI required for every VLAN defined on Cat6500 switch ? For e.g. if an ASA is connected to VLAN2 (192....

Hello,I have a question surrounding static routes on a 6509 Server Access Switch (Sup720-3B running CAT OS 8.5.8).The switch is intalled in our Data Center ServerFarm and does not have *any* configuration on the MSFC. All L3 routing is done at the S...

amaiale by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We've got 4 * 6509 with sup 720 10gig on the assumption we would move to VSS once it had been out for a while and there was better functionality. As part of the purchase we also had modular IOS but we've had nothing but problems with it and with Cisc...

jonhill by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am working to design and implement new data center infrastructure The main aim of the users is to go to internet and i want it to be using via 3 proxy server and dhcp is to be implemented . The network infrastructure will have two core switche...

Hi,Does anyone know of a one piece USB to RJ45 serial cable that is compatible with Cisco devices. I know that I can get USB to DB9 and then attach a standard Cisco console cable but I am hoping to find something a bit neater.If it can support the Ci...

Hi all, can anyone tell me how my authentication/authorisation is working in my acs server, I have full access to my cisco asa via the priveledges set in my acs server, but It uses my windows login account to do this, how does it map my priveldges to...

Resolved! VLAN1

I want to know that Cisco always start every thing with “ZERO” but Cisco make default VLAN 1, why is not VLAN0 “ZERO”?Is there any logic or standard? Please let me know.

qureshi76 by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have three Catalyst 4507R-E switches networked which contain a number of security devices. The last of which to be added on are IP security cameras/servers which use multicasting. My question is, is there a way to enable one of these switches to...

Is there a way of changing the config of an interface or range of interfaces back to there default configuration without having to work through all the commands and negateing them?The switches we use are 2950, 2960, 2970, 3750 and 6500.Thanks

jonhill by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Can I do this?

Not sure if this is possible. Here's the layout. T1 circuit coming in...I have a 2600 router pushing the traffic to a checkpoint firewall (external interface). From the checkpoint external, it goes to the checkpoint internal interface and on out to...

ryandm0tt by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes