Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello All,I just bough a Cisco 2960 switch and I am trying to uplink it to a 24-port PoE 3550 series switch via the PoE input port and when I connect it the 3550 I can see it getting power from the 3550 but for some reason it keeps rebooting itself. ...

dtran by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am trying to implement the configuration shown below, but after reading some more information I am confused if better using ISL. Both devices are Cisco switches, a 3750 and 4507R. By now they will hold just one connection, a giga link, but la...

Given a Cat6509 w/ dual Sup720's running native IOS. A PA-POS-1OC3 was added to an existing FlexWAN card, but was not recognized. IOS on one Sup was upgraded to min. recommended version to recognize the POS card. POS Card was still not recognized....

sstein by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Config Help

Hi,What config is required for Cisco 4507 with Two Supervisor.If one SUP fails ; automatically 2nd SUP should take over.By Which command I would test the failover of SUPAppreciate quick help on

hello,I need some assistance in how to get internet access accross my LAN. I have attached an image so you can see my system. I have internet access coming from the ourside and into my office and that is available via data port one on the bottom part...

digbycolm by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,My current Cisco Router 1812 configs. are as:1. My DSL connects to the FE0 port.2. My ports FE2-FE9 are automatically assigned IP addresses via the DHCP server from VLAN 1.What I want to do is stay on the same vlan but assign my printer which i...

To create the trunk port, may i know what is purpose to create vlan database? Is it compulsory to create it?SwitchA# vlan databaseSwitchA(vlan)# vlan 5 name vlan5SwitchA(vlan)# exitSwitchA# configure terminalSwitchA(config)# interface fastethernet 0/...

ssweehin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes