Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! InterVLAN Routing

Hi I just don't seem to understand the concept of inter Vlan routing in L3 Switches. I am already 1 year into networking, and planning to take my switching CCNP paper in a month, i Just feel embarresed when i realise that i am not clear with Inter...

hi all, suppose i have 4 routers connected via frame-relay with only their physical interfaces. R1 R2 R3 R4. R1 is the hub where R2, R3, R4 are spokes. Now at R1 i want to configure policy such that the networks learned via R3 are not propagated to R...

I have a situation where I can ping Routers B,C and D which are behind a Cat 5500 but I cant ping the Cat 5500 itself. Now I have checked..there are no ACLs preventing ICMP. Also interesting is that I can ping it through another Router which is actin...

How do you back out a set port channel group (port) admin_group? I started to set the admin group for a couple of ports to get them ready for etherchanneling and now I want to clear the admin group designation for those ports as I will not be etherch...

flaggmd by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi I would like configure VMPS, and I have the following questions:* I can set the VMPS server in a 3750 switch. What model soport VMPS server?* In the client VMPS switchs, I can configure the access ports with vlan static and vlan dynamic in the sam...

I can't seem to get past the Eth0 of the router when I am on the switch, however, when I am consoled on the router, I can ping everyone and their mother. I don't get it. I'm hoping this mini graph will help. I also have the FA0/2 set as a trunk b/...

tip-admin by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is anyone using a /31 mask on point to point links or uplinks between layer 3 switches? Is there any downside or gotchas? I'm planning on running layer 3 all the way to my access switches and using routed ports to connect the access to the distribu...

Hi I am Managing Network of Campus Lan,where i need a good syslog server to maintain 6500 switches and 4500 switches and ASA,Router I need some Open Source Software so that it will be helpful for me

Hello -I have a 3750 stack with routing enabled. I have two vlans, one for management and one for the office PCs. I can access the management from the switches if I telnet from one to another, but I am unable to access the switches via telnet from an...

cacmk5 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have implemented VACLs for capturing vlan traffic and all works fine until i add a second capture port on the switch. The CPU rises from about 10% to 75% and the latency when pinging a device on the local net goes from <1ms to over 40MS. on...

ogormam2 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes