Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

We are wanting to firewall our server farm that lives on its own VLAN with a UTM/firewall device so we can control who gets access to databases with sensative information. What is the best practice to doing this without creating new VLAN's etc? Basic...

erik.doss by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I would like to know what the purpose of the following commands:no ip mroute-cacheno ip route-cacheno ip route-cache cefno arp fame-relayno fair-queueThanks in advance, sK

skhirbash by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All, Im curious as to why, when you upgrade an IOS on a router or switch using TFTP, sometimes the exclamation points, during the tftp process, goes fast, and sometimes it goes slow. Why is that?

jjoseph01 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi netpros, Please provide me the steps for IOS upgradation for 3750 stack(4)switch by manual and automatic steos , any links , online material. It is not like normal .bin file it is .tar file.Thanks in advanceSaravanan

Resolved! IOS Modularity

Folks:Does anyone on this board have experience working with the "IOS modularity" infrastructure?I understand what it is, but what I dont get is how one goes about obtaiing a modular version of IOS and installing it. Are there new IOS versions that a...

lamav by Level 8
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a Cisco Catalyst 4506 Series switch and a Sonicwall firewall. The firewall has 2 ports one for LAN the other for a DMZ, could I setup a vlan on the switch to divide the LAN and DMZ traffic from the firewall so I do not need another switch? ...

3rdrealm by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi allHas anyone got a chart of some sort that lists the different fiber types, om1, om2,om3, and single mode, that tells you what bandwidth they support for gigabit and 10 gigabit, and also possibly the transcievers that are used with certain types ...

I have a 2821 router that has a EtherSwitch NME-16ES-1G installed in it. I am not the greatest network person. My goaled is to us the vlans that I have configured on all my 3560 switches on the EtherSwitch. How can I get them to use the gig 1/0 that ...