Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi! i understand that the ideal setup of a new network infra is in the Hierarchy Network Model. (Core--->Distribution--->access).My question is that since, all the routing is done in the distribution layer (eg. 45xx L3 switch) with the L2 switches co...

dkblee by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is anyone else asking Cisco to produce a GE-TX version of the WS-X6724-SFP linecard? We have a lot of 6513's and hence can't use the 48 port versions.It seems like somewhat of an omission given that there is a GE-TX version of the 48 port blade.th...

Hi I am new to Cisco. I have just got a cisco 827 router from someone - problem is I cant logon to it - tried telnet/web logon. It cannot find the default 10.10.10.1 IP address. I donot know which IP it is set to. Also donot know the u/name and pas...

Hi all,I have seen some switch config and find some commands but I unable to understand faithfully coz. I am new.Plz. experts can any body explain about these below config commands.#priority-queue out#mls qos vlan-based#spanning-tree portfastThanks i...

Hello Guys,Frist , thanks all, i have this error on my Cisco equipment and im worry abou it:System returned to ROM by error - a Software forced crash, PC 0x402D3878 at 06:3Could you please tellme How can i resolve this error, or what can i do to rep...

I am planning a gaming lounge with multiple xbox 360's all accessing xbox live. Verizon Fios is available in the area and I would like a better router for a better gaming experience for all playing. Can someone recommend one?Thanks in advance.- Rex

I have two 6509 switches trunked together.6509 #1 is downstairs, 6509 #2 is up stairs.There is also a router connected to the 6509 upstairs that connects our remote sites to the main site.I have a 3550 switch downstairs that is used in a training roo...

I am trying to get DHCP snooping working with private VLANs...so far no luck.VLAN 2 is the primary VLAN, VLAN 50 is a secondary isolated, and VLAN 51 is a secondary community. When DHCP snooping is enabled I cannot get a DHCP address. When it is di...

jdevoll by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone! I am posting again for some help with very basic stuff. I just received a 2851 router and 2 new dual port wic's. we just got in a 3meg pipe and have an existing point to point to move onto it. the problem is that i need help putting s...

Hi All, Would appreciate a reply for the following scenario. I have an IPT environment with 3 dot1q vlans on a 3560 switch...infrastructure vlan 10 (10.1.1.0), voice vlan 20(10.1.2.0), data vlan 30(10.1.3.0). The switch is connected to a 2811 fast...

tomtom001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Design Question

I would like some advice on setting up a routing plan for a small business. We use about 50 physical switches and about 25 VLANs. We currently use 2 3550 switches in a collapsed core model that perform routing and are setup using HSRP. I would lik...

tohoken by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes