Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi, I am a new user and am studying for my CCNA at this time. I have two routers, bought from e-bay. 1 - 2505 and 1 - 2507. My configuration is this;2505:Ethernet 0 - 172.16.0.99 255.255.0.0Serial 0 - 192.168.1.3 255.255.255.0Systems connected on ...

Hello,I have some questions about MST interaction.Can MST interact with all STP? Or more precisely, can MST Interact with PVST, PVST+, RSTP and RPVST?Also, what would happen if you take a triangle type of topology and have MST, RSTP and CST? Could M...

pentagel by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have following scenario:There are two cat6509 swtiches, lets say cat1 and cat2.Vlan 10 is configured on cat1 with layer 3 information and is functioning as gateway for vlan10. There is no physical access port on cat1 that is part of vlan10. There i...

Hello,I configured SSH in one of cisco ASA, but i cannot login to it, i made a mistake and didn't configure telnet so i cannot access it, i configured it to authenticate with cisco ACS and i'm sure that the configration is right cuz i did it before i...

Hello there,I am using a cisco 2950 for upgrading some CPEs. The CPE gets IP from a DHCP server connects to the same switch. upgrade CPE takes about 2 minutes, then they will be unplugged from switch and new CPE will be plugged in. Then I found out s...

hi,can any one give me the best high performance solution for the network daigram below..1.where can i create Vlans?2.stp or RSTP or MSTp?3.and which device should be configured as root?4.HSRP?5.Etherchaneel.6.miscPlzs suggest with the best sollutio...

dear all,AP_CS01_SPL#sh int g1/0/295 minute input rate 106000 bits/sec, 15 packets/sec 5 minute output rate 72000 bits/sec, 19 packets/sec 153679103 packets input, 73547440 bytes, 0 no buffer Received 10583136 broadcasts (0 multicast)from th...

Have purchased a new ISR 2811. The 'Cisco Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information' pamphlet states that the ISR should be grounded during operation. WOuld I be taking a risk if I configured the ISR 2811 without the ground in place? I do not have...

I recently upgraded a venerable Cisco 678 to a Cisco 877 for my POTS ADSL. I have setup a basic configuration as closely to what the 678 had using the 877. Since switching there have been some strange routing issues that have affected all systems on ...

During CCNA studies I have read about the difference between asynchronous and synchronous communications, but these discussions are normally in the context of WAN's. In the case of Ethernet LAN, is this a synchronous communication method ?

rossua994 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have a T1 for wan connectivity back to our main office from a branch that is backed up by an ISDN connection to our main office, I also have a DR site in another state that has the same config as our main ISDN router at corporate. What would ...

johnsonjb by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes