Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi!what this Does:ISL tags all traffic sent over the trunk linkwith an ISL header?10xs for ur reply

alsayed by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, if I have subnet say 172.16.4.7/27what would the first network be ? would it start 172.16.4.0 to 172.16.4.31or would I start from 172.16.0.0 ?

We have a lot of 3550 switches in our network. On the FastEthernet ports we have configured broadcast control like this:storm-control broadcast level 2.00In my opinion this should limit all broadcast traffic to 2% of the interface speed, which is 100...

Hello we look after a large Enterprise network and wish to deploy certificate-based 802.1x enterprise-wide. The network uses encryption over a multi-layer architecture. We see a Radius issue on congested links because the EAP conversations are quite ...

hi :)i will appreciate all help, tx in advance.I m using hyper terminal on xp to reach console port of cisco switches, now I have to use linux, I was told to use minicom terminal emulation program. unfortunately i now very little linux.can someone pl...

ohalnet53 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are using 3560's. Switches are split with 5 VLans. On one particular vlan we have had several users connections just drop off for a few minutes, then reconnect, this happens throughout the day. I've failed to see what is causing this, any ideas?I ...

kpmgnz by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I recently did a switching course, We had a setup where we had say 1 distribution switch root for vlan 2, this would be secondary root for vlan 3, and a dist switch root for vlan 3 and secondary root for vlan 2. My question is If these switch...

Please try to follow me here:I have a host connected to a 2950 access layer swicth in building A. The enitre access switch is vlan 100 (first floor). The switch uplinks to a 3550 in the basement on a port dedicated to vlan 100. The 3550 routes betwee...

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

All of our current LAN switches, most are catalyst 3500 series are running the ISL trunking protocol for our VLAN and we are looking to introduce a Catalyst 2950G as a server switch and of course this does not support ISL. We have a 3500XL that host ...

bmtcisco by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Currently I only have 1 Cisco 2600 router, which connects serially to a leased line device, with an Ethernet port that connects to my LAN.Currently, I would like to add a new LAN segment (different network) to my LAN.My idea is to get a new Cisco ...

what is the purpose/advanage of loading the IOS from a tftp server? can the startup-config be loaded from a server as well?just wondering.thanks,matt

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i'm trying to figure out the physical vs. logical layout of a managment vlan. currently all of my switches are not trunked (some only use a single vlan to uplink to other switches). if i want to start using a managment vlan for all swithces, includ...

matt_heff by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We can read the following statement in the CCNA Intro book:One interesting fact about Ethernet CSMA/CD logic is that collisions should be detected within the first 64 bytes of a frame.My question:What is it in the first 64 byte of any frame that the ...

I find myself in uncharted territory here and hope that you can help...I have a customer that owns a building and rents the individual offices to independent business owners. He has two T1's coming in to the building and feeds two separate circuits....

smbryanfl by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes