Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All,I am having an issue with VLAN intercommunication.Server1(Source)Switch Model: 6509Vlan 100Server2 (Destination)Switch Model: 6509VLAN 200The problem is I couldn't ping the server2 from serve1 for some time. After few minutes its start pinging...

Hi people,My fa0/1/8 port shows "up, down". It is configured for full duplex and speed 100, however when doing a "show int fa0/1/8" it states its auto duplex, auto speed...Why?Thanks.

Just a question for pros out there who might came across this one, we normally manually set the speed to 100 and duplex to full on switch ports right? As that is the standard practice we do initially before we go on setting trunking or port channels ...

ntpower by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all can anyone tell me the normal or most common way of say putting vpn devices, firewalls etc on the edge of the network, I.e if I had a seperate vpn box, how would this get an internet ip ? where would I situate it etc, hope you can helpcheersCa...

i am using 2 mbps vpn for connecting to remote site and internet. with this link we are observing packet packet drop for remote location. so we take one more vpn link of 2 mbps. I want to use this link to load balance the traffic through both the lin...

Hi, One of my client is using VTP domain in switched n/w.DHCP and Vlan ip range is configured in the firewall.I dont have the access on the firewall.In this case is there any option for me to find the Vlan ip range?

Hi, I seem to have run into a brick wall and would appreciate any solution you can come up.My client basically has two sites. Both sites have their own router and L3 switch. The routers are linked using multiple E1's bundled with MLPPP. Both L3 switc...

oj88 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,There are three routers with router id 1.1.1.1 , 2.2.2.2 , 3.3.3.3.1.1.1.1 is configured as NSSA ABR/ASBR and both 2.2.2.2 , 3.3.3.3 are connected with 1.1.1.1 thru serial link.I am originating default route for this nssa in 1.1.1.1. 2.2.2.2 is re...

IP accounting on Cisco 7613 is not giving any output. Is there any other command on cisco 7613 to check the traffic flow on a particular interface of 7613 which can show the source and the destination for the traffic flow.

I recently added two switches into our front end connection and the gig link between them is getting blocked in favor of the 100mb connection through the isp's core switches. Is there a good way to force one of the 100mb uplink connections to be blo...

3msands by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card