Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a customer who just purchased a nm-2fe2w and cannot get the module recognized. They are running 12.0.28d which by the software/hardware matrix should be recognized. Any idea why this is not the case?A show diag displays:Cisco Internetwork Op...

jfinley by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

How can I configure a new cisco pix 501 without taking down the network? I have tried terminal emulation, but i dont know any commands. I have tried the standard configuration, but my url cant find the server.

wes.reitz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

helloi have Cisco 7000 series router with switching & routing processors in it."I want to break its CONSOLE password".ips r not configured on any interface so telnet as an option fails.Also the router is not accepting any key combination for put an i...

Hello my friends,I need to config DHCP snooping at my catalyst 3560 switch, i did that but i have the following questions:- all access ports "to clients" must be untrusted, and the untrusted state determined by the limit rate command, and as i read C...

I received the foolowing error messages on a port on a 2950T- 48 Catalyst Switch:Description: Fa0/42: Unexpected BPDU received. Port has been DisabledRecommendation: Check Configuration of the switch, also make sure devices connected to the switch. E...

Can a 2900 switch that is NOT on the same VTP domain but on the same physical network attempt to become a root bridge? How can I check if has become a root bridge?

bbravo by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 7507 in my lab and when placing cards in slots 4-6 I get the errors below. I was wondering what part of the chassis could be at fault.00:05:08: %RSP-3-ERROR: Error detected on CyBus1, Error code 7800:05:08: %RSP-3-ERROR: address parity err...

We are having a problem where for some reason on a couple routers at a given site it seems to be summarizing a 10.x.x.x space at the /8 boundary and pointing it to null 0 . Anyone have an idea what might cause this ? We have "no auto summar...

glen.grant by VIP Alumni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I've got a network behind a cisco 2811 running the config below...Note: The Fast/Ethernet0/1 is now my external connection and serial is disabled.I can connect to the internet, and the internet can see me, but I am unable to see my external ips from...

Currently we have multiple LAN segments/sites with only unicast routing enabled between them, mostly via DMVPN (GRE) tunnels on the router(s). Multicast routing is disabled on the routers, and local Layer 2 multicasting is used by a seperate 3com NB...

After installing a second 10 mb ethernet nm-1e module on a 2610 router, the e1/0 connects to my ISP cable modem - while e0/0 connects to my 2924xl switch for internal network. Question: How should I configure IP addresses on these interfaces?e1/0 = o...

zekwueme1 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes