Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

To achieve Internet loadbalance and redundancy, we currently connect to SBC (T1/Frame Relay) and TimeWarner (Cable) for Internet access. Between the edge routers (2600/2500) and our ASA firewall, we position a 3rd router as loadbalancer using CEF, RI...

hi Expertise, m using squid proxy server,but users by- pass my proxy server through HTTP tunnel or any other by-pass proxy softwre. Is there any way to prevent this thing??? My second problem is can we block p2p software at cisco router?? My third pr...

Dear All,My question here in this forum , in the Process of :-1- Which Interface should I apply this Access-list ?2- on which Direction on the selected interface I have to apply this Access-list ? In or Out ?Now, My question is here :-Was I correct i...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Staff usually uses db9 to rj45 to connect to console port for initial setup. We are thinking about getting new laptops but none come with serial ports. What are people using? I've seen some USB to db9s. will this work?

Does anybody here know about the difference between using a single mode and a multimode fiber from edge to the core? Right now we are using all multimode fiber to connect all the switches. Is it true that using a singlemode is much faster and can han...

bauti1428 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, ---- 1.I have one Router for Internet 1841. this Router have 2 Interface as following :- 1- the First Interface is connected to MY ISP Router with this IP :- 213.255.237.109 /248. 2- the Second Interface is connected to MY Switch 'UNMANAGED...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI,We are going to be deploying a VOIP system within the 1st quarter of next year. During the 2nd or 3rd quarter we will be deploying WAP's for barcoding. All of our LAN switches will be upgraded. Yes, we will be hiring a consultant to help with th...

mfruvous by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, 1.I have one Router for Internet 1841.this Router have 2 Interface as following :-1- the First Interface is connected to MY ISP Router with this IP :-213.x.237.105.2- the Second Interface is connected to MY Switch 'UNMANAGED SWITCH ', with ...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, i have the following question regarding the NAT Configuration.as Every One Knows we have in NAT Terminology the following Terms :-1- Inside Local Address, which is Private Network or which is MY LAN IP Address .2- Inside Global Address, whi...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, i have the following question regarding the NAT Configuration.as Every One Knows we have in NAT Terminology the following Terms :-1- Inside Local Address, which is Private Network or which is MY LAN IP Address .2- Inside Global Address, whi...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello every one,I have got 2 cisco routers 2600 series and I am only using them for practicing my CCNA, when I changed the passwords on them, after a few days I didn't log in to one of them and as a result I forgot the password whcih resulted me endi...