Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I've read that if the "boot system" commands are not found in the startup-config file, the router can look for an IOS image in flash, and if it's not there, then the router will try to get the IOS image from a TFTP server. So does the router use boot...

bchoi9999 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a setup, where in order for me to access the customer's private network, I need to ssh into a Linux server first. Once I am on the Linux machine, I can telnet into the clients network devices. The only terminal emulator that is currently on t...

axfalk by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I Literally recieve this display during post:H??pM???X? ???V ?(?????P?C???X? ??ET c?(?? ??????????????P?C??<pause-break> will not get me to rommon>, does anyone know of a work around or a way to laod a new IOS to the router?

dmanigo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All,I HAVE cisco 1841.it has 2 interfaces.the first one which is f 0/0 is have public ip from my ISP.the other one is normal, and i am going to give it 192.168.1.100 / 24.now i have 3 subnets totally diffrent .i want to create 3 subinterfaces fr...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible that a firewall allow only pop3 access to a range of host , & other all internet access, can we configure user name based access control in firewall ?

hi expertise,m using cisco works 2k, the problem is its getting very slow during login time as well as browsing time. what could be the problem.thanks & rgds..Ashish Singh

hi can anyone advise me a software/hardware package that will monitor LAN traffic (identify top talkers in terms of bw utilisation, applications, peak traffic in/out etc) per switch port interface?thanks in advance

Hi all,As you see, we are new at this.6 VLANs on the first floor, 4 on the second. Each floor has a C4500, tied together with redundant fiber.The switch on the second floor sits with the router to the internet.Do we have the right idea? Please advise...

My ADSL provider loses sync during bad weather and cannot do anything about it. The issued modem also drops the connection. My problem is I have to travel 60 miles to power cycle the modem(s) to regain dsl service. If this only happened occasionally ...

canyondsl by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

To achieve Internet loadbalance and redundancy, we currently connect to SBC (T1/Frame Relay) and TimeWarner (Cable) for Internet access. Between the edge routers (2600/2500) and our ASA firewall, we position a 3rd router as loadbalancer using CEF, RI...

hi Expertise, m using squid proxy server,but users by- pass my proxy server through HTTP tunnel or any other by-pass proxy softwre. Is there any way to prevent this thing??? My second problem is can we block p2p software at cisco router?? My third pr...

Dear All,My question here in this forum , in the Process of :-1- Which Interface should I apply this Access-list ?2- on which Direction on the selected interface I have to apply this Access-list ? In or Out ?Now, My question is here :-Was I correct i...

mmtantawi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes