Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi All, I am using cisco WS-C2960L-24PS-LL and cisco WS-C3650-24TS, my sessions time out is okay but whenever I disconnect and access the devices thru SSH, it does not require me password at all.  Anyone can help me? Thank you in advance.

I have a problem and I suspect Cisco doesn't support what I want to do which is madness because so many other vendors do (including free OS like PFsense). I'm using a Cisco C1111 to connect to an internet provider. The handoff is ethernet and PPPoE i...

wewere by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Dears I have set-up a small network based on two cisco 2960xr switches with IP Lite IOS. what I am trying to achieve is to ping Sw2(IP: 192.168.101.2) from a directly connected PC (192.168.204.3) that is getting assigned with an IP address fro...

Representation.JPG

Dear All, I am new to switching, I have a Catalyst 4507R switch (cat4000-I9S-M), Version 12.2(18)EW. I would like to know if there are any bugs related to this version. Could you please tell if it is the case? I would also like to upgrade the ios to ...

elaz76213 by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have cisco ASR 1002 X router with 1000Base SX SFP MMF and          Cisco 3850  switch with 10GBase SR SFP+ MMF Now, I want to connect router to switch with the use of this modules. when I connect I am unable to see link status up.what are the p...

Having an issue where we are not able to ping one of a clients systems (10.32.160.30) from the switch they are plugged into.  However, we can ping the system from router.  Can see the IP an MAC in the ARP table on the router and can see the MAC assoc...

Hi, I am working for a large campus network. The network has more than 70 VLANS in a Layer 3 Switch(Catalyst 4503). Customer wants to stop intervlan routing between all vlans except 2 vlans. How will i do that? I have also a Firewall (ASA 5520) & a R...

seclucscon by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am working on WS-C4948 and I have notice that when I run *sh interface ... I am having the following error#sh interface gigabitEthernet 1/48GigabitEthernet1/48 is up, line protocol is up (connected)Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet Port, address is 0017...

nesrin by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2960 running IOS 12.2 (25r)SEE1, and trying to configure a trunk for dot1q encapsulation. It takes the following statements:switchport trunk allowed vlan 100switchport mode trunkswitchport nonegotiateI'm not sure why I can't change the encap...

rshum by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes