Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,   We have a SAN network that is made of MDS switches (9506 and 9250i) that seems to perform very inadequate with the speed of cards and cabling (8G). We don't have a monitoring tool, like netflow, for the purpose of monitoring SAN/LAN traffic ...

All, I hope you can help.  We have several WS-C3850-24S-E's in our network.  I am trying to figure out whether we can use ruggedized SFP modules in them, such as the GLC-LX-SM-RGD.  In the SFP compatibility matrix, it doesn't list the RGD modules as ...

mcollier by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts I am trying to segregate two networks using vrf lite with one router and single wan connection. The topology is very small so using "router on stick"   I wish for my two internal networks not able to speak to each other but both have ac...

Hey everyone,  So I saw a couple posts on this already, but I was unable to find something that pertained to a wireless phone.    We have a couple of Cisco 7925's still laying around, but one in particular is causing trouble. When I look at the loggi...

Huddles18 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   We have layer-2 network of 2960 & 4500 switches (2960 --Trunk---4500 ---Trunk---2960), we have marked COS/DSCP value at 2960 access switch as EF even thought QOS is not working. we cant see packets hits to ACL and policy-map as well.   Our conf...

Hi.  I'd appreciate any information or experience you may have in the following scenario.   If you have 3 Anycast RPs that have an equal routing metric from a host that wishes to join a multicast source, how does OSPF load balancing impact this solut...

Hi All,   I was wondering how to make use of this command "enable algorithm-type scrypt secret" on Cisco Packet Tracer. FYI: I'm running on "Version 15.1(4)M4" Kindly advice. Thanks in advance!

Resolved! HSRP over L2 MPLS

Hi guys, I'm wondering about this following senario:   I'm planing on configuring HSRP between a VSS and a stack with HSRP being active on the VSS. If HSRP goes into standby on  VSS would the PCs be able to reach their default-gateway on the stack?  ...

NETAD by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I currently test vPC on the base of lab. The vPC status shows it as "down" from the output of command "show vpc" and the status of etherchannel from L3 switch connecting to the vPC link shows it as (w). Any points or tickets for this issue? The follo...

vPC test.jpg

I have a running monitor session that copy around 20Gbps.As I needed the same traffic to a second destination, and as we can't set multidestination in a monitor session with version and hardware we have, I created a second monitor session cop...

Resolved! VSS 4500X

Hi All,   I'm looking for the following command dual active-exclude interface *** on the 4500x however it doesn't seem available. So when the VSL fails the switch that goes into recovery mode shuts down all interface's except management and the VSL p...

jay_7301 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Everyone,   I'm trying to limit traffic to 80 mbps on and interface. I'm using the following configuration        ip access-list extended FW-80mbps   permit ip any any     class-map match-all FW-80mbps   match access-group FW-80mbps   match access...

Hello, I want to block ports from certain networks. For example network 10.10.10.0 cannot connect to port 80 but can connect to port 25. I've been trying to do this by just blocking port 80 but it still goes through. I have local web server set up on...

Ed Lo by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card