Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 2960 24 port switch. I need to take the current config and put it on the new 48 port 2960 switch. Copy and paste of the txt file is not working. I get lots of errors. I read that this should work.  I am using tera term and did changed the "d...

Hi guys,i'm working in a government health network and we actually have a Cisco Catalyst 4503 as a Core Switch with a bunch of 2960Gs and 2950, etc. My question is regarding the best solution to have for having the Core Switch to change. Scenario 1: ...

Hi Friends,I am looking for some information on duplex modes on a Gig thernet port. I have read in some documents that Gig Ethernet supports only full duplex mode. I tried to verify this on my Core switch which is s stack of 3750 copper and fibre swi...

hello all , We are planning to move from IOS 12 to IOS 15 on our CIsco LAN switches WS-C2960S-24PS-L .But on cisco webiste to downlaod image I am able to find only Universal image no LAN BASE licnse is there for 2960 in IOS 15 . example c2960s-univer...

Hello , We have got new Catalyst 3560X-24P-S Switch which is going to be used as L3 switch with basic static routes configrtaion ( no EIGRP or OSPF )Was confused between two licenses below,  which I see on cisco site , can any one please suggest me w...

HI allplease i want to connect CISCO (Multilayer ) 10 gig  port SFP+ with Alcatel Lucent 10 gig port XFP , please are they compatible with each other??????? this is specification of Alcatel XFP :Transceiver Type   : XFPModel Number       : 3HE05831CA...

I have a iBook G4. Console cable, and USB to Serial adapter cable. I would like to be able to console into a Cisco router, I am using Zterm as was recommanded early for Hyperterminal. it seems that the connection is there. when I click on the Zterm...

I have a Cisco 2811 giving the following strange console output. I have another Cisco 2811 that is giving normal console output. I am using the typical console settings, it's very strange."Τ@(     Ão!}rBÌ9üÿ#ˆ—Ç+ç‘Úø"nü                           ÌÉÆ...

Hi,I am looking for ways to secure the access layer. So far, I have port-sec, DTP disabled, unused ports shut, and other ports in a vlan that is not trunked.Obvioulsy, spoofing MAC's to overcome Port-sec is not that difficult, so what else can be don...

Hi,We are in the process of installing the Nexus 5k and 2K switches and i had a question regarding airflow.The Nexus 2248TP is standard airflow - will the switch ports and server nic be aligned?We will be installing the Nexus 5k in...

Nick wfd by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello! Im having some issues with a trunk that originates from an WS-C2960G-8TC-L to an CISCO1921/K9. The native VLAN seems to work fine but the other VLANs on the trunk cant be reached. I have created a VLAN interface on the 2960 with an IP address ...

jojon25adm by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good morning,I have been assigned the task of mapping and documenting our network, unfortunately there is no existing documentation or mapping....big surprise.In any case we currently have 10 3750G's situated in 3 locations within our plant.  Each gr...

madbeader by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes