Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys and galsi am currently studying for my CCNA and an practising with a cisco 1801 router i bought from ebay. I have set it up to the best of my knoledge but for some reason my vlans cannot talk to each other and i dont understand why.I have the...

Hello,I have a SG300 Switche working in layer 3 mode.I configured 3 VLANs on the switch with different ip'sVlan 1: 192.168.1.1Vlan 2: 192.168,2.1Vlan 3: 192.168.3.1Now I want to implement ACL to permit vlan2 to have full access on vlan3 but I want t...

wehner by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day, folk.In  "How to display the EOBC error counters in the Catalyst 6500 series switches and a definition of the EOBC interface" document here on support forum stays that The Ethernet Out of Band Channel (EOBC) is a  half duplex channel that s...

I configured a VLAN For HSRP, where I gave the VLAN a separate IP on aech switch (172.16.250.3 and 172.16.250.4). and a virtual of 172.16.250.1, I have a default route of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.16.250.2 (downstream HA pair of Sonicwall Virtual IP). So i...

Hello,I am curious about MAC learning between trunked switches on a per-vlan basis.In a production environment, I have two switches trunked over a single link. Switch A has 7 VLANs configured with the trunk link to switch B allowed in each. When I lo...

Resolved! Port assignments

Dear all,i hope you do help me in this i do have an audio device that is forwarding multicast traffic to other speakers on ethernet network , they are all in same vlan same switch .i was wondering can i program that if i connected certain device...

Hello!Disable ports loopingUsers connect the network cable at two points in the network generating looping. which command to disable two ports of a Cisco 2960 when they are connected at the same time with the same network cable?           Regards!!!!...

Hi All,Does anyone know if GLC-GE-100FX is supported on the WS-C2960S-24TD-L.  I don't see this switch listed under the compatibiilty matrix.  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/transceiver_modules/compatibility/matrix/OL632702.html#w...

The problem C3750x can not redistribute default route to neighour switch by eigrp.When i use below command "no eigrp stub" that display restricted.switch(config-router)#no eigrp stub    EIGRP is restricted to stub configurations only on this platform...

Need some guidance....We run a collapsed core with all internal traffic begin switched / routed thru our 6513E chassis.All outbound traffic is then passed thru an ASA 5555X cluster. On the internet side, I have a few appliances...Juniper gateway, Rev...

dclee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dears ,Can i capture a layer 2 traffic from certain port , and broadcast it to other ports , or multicast it , or even mirror it to other ports ? (Same switch)if yes ? how can it be done ?and what are the restrictions of using such a thing .thanks & ...

Hello Experts,I am bit Confused in Cisco 2911 router, Plz tell me the difference in Model CISCO2911-SEC/K9  and  CISCO2911/K9. 1. Are both same or different ?2. What IOS version both have ?3. I think " IP BASE"  IOS not supported Security features li...

Resolved! Netflow for 4506

Hi All,I have 4506 with below sup, my requirement is to enable netfolw , but as i came to know that it is not supported in this sup, is there any additional option which can be explored to get the netflow working without replacing sup. Please suggest...