Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello everyone, I am aware that CE 500 switches do not have internal hardware clocks with batteries which means that on every reload/power cycle they lose time and date configuration and go back to the default 1993 date. I am about to configure an NT...

Last night one of my cutomers lost in band management to a IE-3000-8TC.After hooking up a PC to the console this was found in the log*Jun 12 10:18:50.095: %CLS_ACC-2-SETUP_BTN_PRS: setup/admin button pressed*Jun 12 10:18:50.095: %C...

Resolved! DHCP Cisco 800

Guys!I got a dhcp client on the rumpage here! Below is what is configured on the router but for some reason, there is a constant deficiency of addresses yet that should not be the case since the pool has more that what is needed! Whats wrong ?ip dhcp...

Morning All (only just I know )The 2960s-48lpd-l comes with 2 SFP+ ports and is capable of supporting either SFP or SFP+ modules.My question is:- if I have a SFP+ module in port 1, can I have a SFP in port 2? or do they both have to be either SFP+ o...

Dear all,This weekend i have experienced a really unusual behaviour on the network. It seems like 9 interfaces on different switches received the same MAC and because of that port-security turned shutdown this Interfaces. I discard the MAC spoofing a...

Dears,     we have 2811 router with multiple servers connected to it's lan from which there are monitoring servers in between , the router suffers always from high cpu utilizationconfiguration has alot of ACLs & NAT & IPSEC Tunnel with wan bandwidth ...

Hi all;I have two server behind a ASA5505, the first one 192.168.1.4 for resolution of DNS domain name (expl: cisco.com) under Windows 2003 and the second one 192.168.1.5 Exchange 2003 for mailing, I forwarde the ports 53 to 192.168.1.4 for DNS serve...

Dear All,I have network consists of more then 20 cisco 2950/2960/3700 switches.  I have configured port security in my switches. initially when i configured on my switches it worked fine....even for copule of months it worked fine. but suddenly it st...

Hi guys, I'm trying to manipulate a path selection in our IP/MPLS network. How can i change the weight on the local PE? or is it better for me to change the weight of that route on the other PE by using a export route-map? I had already tried changin...

Hi all. Dont know but i am confusing a lot in understanding the difference between the above two. By "over" what we mean ? which header comes first ? When i apply crypto map on physical interface with original IPs (of both ends) in crypto acl, is it ...

Jonn cos by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

One one of our Cisco 6509s I've globally enabled QoS and set a port to "trust cos". However when I look at the queueing for that interface, I notice that the receive queue thresholds have not changed to the default. I'm kind of new to QoS so I'm not ...

Hi ,I have 5 linux and 3 Microsoft 2008 Servers, each connected to 2 Cisco 3560 Switches. The 2 Cisco 3560 switches are connected to 2 different Cisco 515e Pix. Is it possible that if i enable Port SPAN in any of the switchport and send a copy of tra...