Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have 3 new (used but new to me) C3750-e.for each one, I fired it up, did a minimal config, downloaded the ios image I use in all my 3750s, gave it the following commands:boot system switch all flash:c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE12.binwrite memreload...

Hi All,I just wanted to check before proceeding with deployment. I'm looking to deploy storm control to prevent any large amount of broadcast traffic. Where is this feature best deployed on the edge facing interfaces? or on the uplinks facing another...

jay_7301 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

So we are gearing up to replace a netgear switch with a Cisco Catalyst 9300 and I have a few questions regarding the config between the switch and the firewall. The firewall acts as a DCHP server, DNS, and handles all routing so in our case the switc...

kcross by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi everyone, Our 3850 switches are encountering the bug of  CSCvc14038.We want to upgrade the switches Known Fixed Releases:(6)16.6.1Everest-16.5.116.5.116.5(0.138) I can't find any releases about 16.5.1 or 16.5(0.138) in 3850 ,I think the releases a...

Hi,I am trying to setup ntp and summer-time on my 3172-tq switch with NX-OS 9.3.7aI already setup ntp and timezone for Italy (CET 1 0), but do not see how to prpoperly setup summer-time.We change the daylight saving time on last sunday (march, octobe...

urbaman by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have configured my switch Cisco Catalyst 2960 L ver.15.2(6) for login with Radius.aaa group server radius GRP-TESTserver name Present!aaa authentication login TEST group GRP-TEST localaaa authorization exec default localaaa authorization exec T...

Hello,I am new to scripting on Cisco switches, so I would need your help.On C1000 I am trying to create a tcl script that will shutdown all ports on the switch, if it receives Root guard blocking port Syslog message. From what I understand, this swit...

aales1 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

recently had an in chassis standby sup fail and be replaced via our support contractors, Can I confirm with the community that replacement is literally remove failed unit and install the new one? I stumbled across the following. documentation and the...

i have a 3850 that directly connect to a firewall. i configured a default static route to the next hop ip which i configured on the firewall interface. I have ip routing enable. i configured "swichport mode trunk" on the cisco interface. I have multi...

PolarPanda by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am getting below error after powering ON the switch. I have also attached the logs file for complete logs review.CISCO SWITCH Ver7.17Device detected on 0:6:0 after 0 msecsDevice detected on 0:1:1 after 0 msecsDevice detected on 0:1:0 after 0 mse...