Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am new to this and have ran into some problems. I butilt up my router I was able from the rom> prompt to get my router to boot from SLOT0:xxxxxThen I did the copy command copy slot0:xxxxxxx bootflash:xxxxxxxMy router starts up fine. I did all my co...

darren849 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HI all,I have a cisco 2821 router in rommon and displaying the message '' softwre forced crash '' and '' checksum error'' .I tried to do rommon tftpdnld but as the image is self decompressing into the ram it again crashes with the same error although...

I have a 2960 with a following relevant config:interface Port-channel1 switchport mode trunk!interface GigabitEthernet0/1 switchport mode trunk channel-group 1 mode active!interface GigabitEthernet0/2 switchport mode trunk bandwidth 1000000 channel-g...

Hoping someone will be able to assist as I have 3 stacked 3750x switches that need to be configured for VoIP and will require QoS for both the voice and video configured.  To start with I think that the VoIP configuration that will work is as follows...

OK I have a Cisco 4500 switch that I have created a DHCP pool on and it works but Im wondering how it works. The only reason I did it correctly is because I followed a Cisco command book.Hers is what I have: Note names and IP's are changed for obviou...

Can anyone help on this below configuration Platinum (According to real time class)    ****************************************Voice RTPGold (40% of remaining)***********************Voice signallingCitrixVideo conferencingSilver (20% of remaining)***...

Hi all,I have this question on OSPF loopback.if i config router with loopback interfaces say 10.1.1.1Under router ospf 1network 20.2.2.2 0.0.0.0Will this router advertise the loopback IP address now?As far as i understand it should...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I cannot seem to correct a duplex mismatch issue.I have a Cisco 2950 switch connected to a Cisco 2621 router.  I am running a per-interface Vlan.  I have two fastethernet ports and one NM-1E card installed on the router.  One fastethernet port is con...

Hi Experts,I would like to have a little clarity on Vlan tagging.My understanding is, Switches tags the traffic received on a port (access port) when it passes it over a trunk link and strips off at the other end when it receives them.The traffic bet...

Hi all,Need to confirm this in ospf when we use network command if we do this to advertise the networksay  15.15.5.0  0.0.0.255   can we also write this instead 15.15.4.0 0.0.1.255here is what  i did Subracted wild card mask 0.0.1.255 from 255...

mahesh18 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a trunk that has all possible vlans allowed on one end (the core switch) and a subset of those vlans allowed on the other end (access switch). If that link goes down, are all the vlans on the core going to go into a spanning-tree recalculation...

epeeler by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I've recently segmented my network and part of the process was creating a DMZ VLAN.  I'm running ESXi 5 and have created two new VM's to add to this DMZ to begin the process of moving everything public facing to the new VLAN.  At this point they n...

gsink by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card