Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Netproif ur servers are directly connected to the Collapsed core/aggregation VSS, is it hard to insert IPS and run it in inline mode or add ACE Appliance?unfortunately we don't have server farm switchPlease can y clarifythanks

Hi Guys,            My topology has got 2 "cisco 1921" routers (which are interconnected using x-over cable ans static IP has been used and both are pinging), Two routers are named as say R1 and R2.  Where R1 is configured as DHCP server and on R2 si...

hkkris123 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,In my central location, I have a network with ASA, two 3750's as core/distro switches and a couple of 2960's as access switches. I have also one 1841 to server some special functions and as a ASA backup.At branch office, there are a 1941 as core/d...

is there any way to block rogue dhcp servers on your network. in particular and cable modems / routers and we had a virus spoofing as a dhcp server.

JackMajor by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a 2960S connected to an RSP 2300.  The 2960S is currently running off of the RPS, and I would like to switch it back to the internal power supply.  Can I just run "power supply 1 on"?  Will this cause the switch to reboot?  Also I am concerned...

conleya by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi,i was just playing around with wireshark a bit and saw that e.g. a arp request is only 42 bytes in length.if i change the switching mode on my switch now from store-and-forward to fragment free, which should only switch frames with the minimum fra...

flokki123 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi there,I'd like my 877 to provide IP addresses to wireless clients.I've created a BVI to link wired and wireless interfaces. Over the wire I have no problems.Over Wireless from the logs I do see that the router generates the DHCPACK but the client ...

Alex Mac by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Experts,A Cisco 3560V2 was bought to complete a project at my company. I noticed the IPBase IOS Image was installed. I was unable to configure RADIUS. I upgraded the IOS to the Latest Release of the IPServices IOS Image. I still dont have the capabil...

i want to create a trunk between 4507 & 3945E router  & route two vlans from router 3945E4507# vlan 99 & 51       # int vlan 99        # ip add 10.22.100.1/24       #int vlan 51        # ip add 10.22.103.1/24      (config) #int g0/1       (config-if)...

aparikh by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I'm looking at implementing a new DMZ and wanted Netflow capability for security monitoring.The architectural principles I have to adhere to dictate that the switches within the DMZ are layer 2 however to get Netflow I need a minimum of a 3560...

robward by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes