Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Is it possible to use a 10GE interface on a sup720 and an interface from a 671610GE line card and create a port channel. I haven't found specific documentation on CCO stating you can. I have found the QOS queuing is differnet between the sup and line...

dsmith by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I have asked to test an VPN phone for home Users. I have a BT adsl broadband at home which is going into a cisco  2900 switch.  Port One  is connect to the computer port 3 is connected to the Avaya VPN phone this work's. The quality is not very...

Hello allI currently have 2 4506 CORE switch trunking each other 4GB channel, and the HSRP is working on them! We´re studing a new site backup like 3km distance.. We decided to put a third CORE switch 6509 or any other!At first, we´re studing a stand...

dear allquick question, I plan to implement aaa dot 1x port control on my network. What will happen if I configure the ports to dot1x port control auto before I add the server, will they not work? what should I set them to if adding a server at a lat...

Hi all,Cisco 6509 modular IOS getting high cpu in interrupt but the switch process switching is still less. Any sugeestion what could be the problem?Process sbin/ios-base, type IOS, PID = 16407CPU utilization for five seconds: 12%/81%;Sometimes cpu g...

cssam by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

guys i have a cisco 3750 switch stacked together that i need to copy configs from and transfer to another set of two 3750 stack switches. do i simply connect the stacking cable to the switch with the highest mac address and then to the second one, th...

Sarg . by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I have a question on following setup. A 6500-B switch connects to existing 6500-A switch. currently, switch A is doing the routing for all the network.Switch B is newly connected to another location & is linked to switch A. I have 5 vlans confi...

suthomas1 by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello everyone! I am curious what everyone does in their standard client accessswitch closet, do you have UPS's in every closet or do you have nice surge suppressors to protect your client access switches? Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

shocke by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

guys just a quick question: i have configured router on a stick with various vlans routing on a single router fast ethernet port. if i apply a QOS service policy to the actual physical interface instead of the logical interfaces, will everything stil...

Sarg . by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,   I would like to configure IP SLA with ICMP tracker. What  is the minimum IOS & Feature required in cisco 1800 Router?Regards,

Hi ,Can some one please advise how to do the network audit. My task is to do the network audit on one of the unorganized network consists of several Cisco Routers and switches and also using MPLS network ISDN lines.I want to do the network audit that...

rajput001 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, I have two 3560x Catalyst switches setup between two different locations. They link via a PTP line (Layer 2). I have setup Intervlan routing between the switches and that works fine.Each location has a separate subnet and a Windows DHCP serve...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card