Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I am trying to set up my ASA 5510 inside interface with sub-interfaces because I need to allow for more than one VLAN on the same physical interface. I have the ASA configured for the subinterfaces and pointing to vlan 10. I have the switch port on m...

snowmizer by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am curious how disruptive this command would be on a 6500vss that has several switches and several vlan's already running?  Every downlevel access switch is connected with a 2gig etherchannel, neighboring Core/Dist switches are 8gig etherchannels, ...

Morning All,just a quick question as this is really bugging me. When I send a packet from my pc destined for the internet, before the packet reaches the core when my SVIs are for routing purposes does the it still get tagged with the vlan id up the t...

I've stumbled across something that a little puzzling, at least to me.  on a 3750e running 12.2 code, I have an interface where the logs show its line protocol has gone up and down several times this morning.  However, when I do a show interface and ...

tmdempsey by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloTell you that recently my 2811 router has problems, the computer turns on but does not show me any command or error in the terminal or console at startup and stays on but does not show anything, something curious is that the terminals to connect...

hi! I tried to configure a router  on the stick kind of setup. Refer to the config below. I set my pc nic with the correspond vlan IP and gw, i noticed that i can only ping its own vlan gw but not other vlan's gw. I think this shd be a straightforwar...

dave dave by Level 1
  • 11 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am getting the following error message on Cisco 6506 Catalyst switch contineously." %MCAST-5-RX_IGMPREPORT: IGMP: Rcvd IGMP Report 01-00-5e-00-00-fd "Please let me know how do i stop this message coming on the switch.As i read in cisco site that...

lalit by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello All     Appreciate if you help me with belowWhen I have more than Ethernet switching module into a router, do layer 2 switching works between these swithcing modules or it only works withing the same switching module ??Imagine I have two WS-X67...

I am not certain if this is the case. I configured 2 vlans in a 3750 switch and there 1 MS DHCP server for both. For the VLAN that is different to the network the DHCP server is on i used the "ip helper-address" command . This is working great howeve...

johnramz by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am replacing an Cisco 4006 with a Routing module. The replacement switch will be an stack of one 3750G and two 3750V2.The Routing module of the 4006 has 192.168.1.3 as IP address. And does some routing to two gateways. all traffic for network...