Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all,I am tasked with providing an internal routing solution to replace a branch's ASA as the router for the internal networks. Right now, they have two internal networks, and whoever set them up used one interface on their ASA for LAN1 ("78-net" i...

Is there a way to factory-reset a Catalyst 3500 XL, without using commands? I.E.: Dip switches or reset button inside/outside the case? If not, I do not have the enable password and need to reset it and all VLAN's back to factory. Thanks in advance.S...

SamMooreIT by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,I have a port that is in "Edge Shr" state. I understand this is becuase it is running in half duplex mode.This is because an (old!) device is connected with half-duplex NIC only.The question now is:* when there is a Topology Change (TCN), will...

gnijs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! Nexus 2248

I have a pair of Nexus 2248 each single homed to two Nexus 5548s.  I'm trying to create an etherchannel, trunk and "host" vpc to a switch connected to the 2248s, however the FEX ports are being disabled due to BPDU guard.  I enabled bpdufiltering on ...

A router failed at a remote location and the backup router was made primary. A 3800 series was configured and sent to the remote location however the no shut command was not used once the router was configured and shipped so now I have a router I can...

When i created my vlan i used the command below:int vlan2ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0I did not use the command below:vlan 2Is it too late to use the vlan 2 command or should i delete the vlans and recreate themAny help will be greatly appreci...

Resolved! QoS Cos question

Show auto qosInitial configuration applied by autoqos:.....mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 26 32 46 48 56!interface FastEthernet0/10mls qos trust device cisco-phonemls qos trust cos=====Based on the show output, why are these two claims not right?1.inter...

Hello,Some time ago, we bought some switches C3750X with LANBASE feature. Then we wanted to use private vlan so we have generated and installed a trial ipbase license. No problem with that.We have now ordered a "C3750X-24 LAN Base to IP Base E-Licens...