Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello,With local authentication (with no aaa new-model  -no tacacs, no radius device/function)) I would like to get an information message that the authentication failed not at all error of mis-writting the password, but only when the 3th attempt/try...

jabouaf by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,I am working with this particular switch from Cisco: SG300-52It  functions only from a web gui, no cli available which has made configurations  cumbersome. Under "VLAN Management" I don't see a tab for assigning an  IP Address to a VLAN. This i...

We have a Cat 3550 PoE switch that gives an error when we plug in 7942 phones. The phones do not boot up.The error is: ILPOWER-3-CONTROLLER_PORT_ERR: Controller port error, Interface FA0/11: Power given but link is not upThe switch is running IPBase ...

Hi All,if anyone can help put my mind at ease regarding a relatively simple QOS policy, it would be greatly appreciated.To give you an outline of the Network Topology I have the following -Site # 12 X HP Procurve 2510G switches1 x Wireless Ethernet E...

I have a catlyst 4003 switch. I need to have a few ports setup on both vlans the default and the voip.What are the commands to have the ports be apart of both vlans and how do I setup the QOS. Thank you.

dukeminus by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hi all, vss is running 12.2(33)SXI5we are having some weird issues with the chassis going to recovery mode when the active sup is pulled (standby sup also in chassis).should we upgrade to the latest or stick with the existing?thanks!

Robert Ho by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have serveral branch office projects that are linked to our Head Office with different communication links, like Point-to-Point, DSL (Data), Wimax etc. We want to configure a 1841 router as gateway at all our projects and limit the bandwidth at...

Guys the scenario is that we have two sites....one has got olf 5500 switch and the new site has 3750 swicth....we have 100M fibre (dedicated) link....as we have 5505 its running hybrid mode i will create a vlan and then will assign th eport to that v...

Resolved! Bizarre IP

Hi All,I have a very strange issue with one remote subnet IP address.I have a Datacenter Backbone which comprises of 2 Core Switches and 10 Rack Switches(2960Gs). We have 2 NTP servers, one at our Main DC and the other at the DR Site.Recently, I’ve b...

Hi all,We have a small DSL network. We inter-connect in to our partners L2 network via a 1Gb fiber that terminates on to the SFP port of our 3560, this is then connected to a router that provides PPPoE. All worked fine until we went to do a swap out ...

ripwinder by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to configure 802.1x configuration on Catalyst 3750,I am starting as a creating new aaa model, by using "aaa new-model" command.But after I execute this command switch start to as for username and password on telnet session. How can I disa...

i have a few questions on OSPF1> can a interface be configured for more than 1 area?2> which is the OSPF version which supports multiple process?3> is it possible to archive link redundancy between 2 sites using the attached diagram? using different ...

cashqoo by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card