Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys,I have four 6509 switches connected in full mesh. The IOS is 12.2(33)SXI4a. Spanning tree mode configured is RPVST+. The switches are connected using fiber cables.UDLD default hello interval is 15 sec. Going through Cisco documentation regard...

I am having problems with some of my wireless devices, and I don't know if the issue is on the AP side or the switch side.Cisco 3548 switches.Cisco 1231, 1242, and 1252 Access PointsThe problem occurs when we suffer a loss of power for an extended pe...

Hi everyone ... long time away!I am seeing some strange behaviour of port security on a 4500 running 12.2(53)SG3 (and previous versions also).I have switchports configured as voice/access, with the intention that we can connect phones alone, or PCs a...

First off, I'm new to the forums and couldn't find pertinent information around this subject.Now the scenario and question:We setup a VLAN dedicated for a specific application and devices.  Currently everything is working well because there is no ACL...

DustinBAE by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,i wan to configure DHCP Pool on Catalyst 2960 Switch. Can we configure it as DHCP Server so it assign IPs on LAN?I Saw configuration in which it define Pool but with this they define some Snooping? Why Snopping?Thankx.Amin

Our network scenerio is this:- 2 cat 2950 switches (SWa and SWb)- 1 cisco 2600 router- 35 users/machinesWhat we want to configure (OBJECTIVE):- 2 vlans on SWa switch (abc_vlan1 + the default vlan1)- 4 vlans on SWb switch (abc_vlan1, abc_vlan2, abc_vl...

One of our routers is getting a lot of small buffer misses each day. Thousands. I'm not seeing ANY medium buffer misses, so it looks like when they miss the small buffer, they hit a medium buffer without incident.Should I increase the size of the sma...

I cannot access next hop on my network from vlan1. For example when I'm trying to ping a gateway from a computer behind the router I'm receiving message "request timed out". I can ping any address from FA4, but not from vlan1 interface.vlan1 address ...

Hi,I have a WS-X6724-SFP module,  and  a gigabit port  start  to drops packets  each time the traffic reaches a bandwidth between 700 and 800 M. This symptom occurs on multiple devices 7600 that using the same version of IOS: c7600s72033-advipservice...

dtapia by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a small question concerning in and out traffic direction on vlan interfaces, in combination with access listsWe have an 3845 integrated services router that has a network module installedSpecs of the network moduleNME-XD-48ES-2S-P   12.2(35...

Cpartner1 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes