Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,I have large network of LAN. having more then 100 cisco switches. on Access Layer i am using 2950. behind 2950 i have different WAPs (wireless access points)i.e. Dlink and linksys. some time my 2950 receives strom and flood from WAPs. i tried to f...

soshomile by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is there a way tackle high utilization from a PC.how to identify and rectify this.we are hit with conflicker virus and utiliation going very high. Antivirus is not helping a great deal.Is there a way to get control over it.

We have two standalone 3750 switches with the same version.If we connect them with stack cable, the configuration of two switches would be kept the same. I think it is the configuration of master switch. My question is:Would the original configuratio...

Hi,I haven't had chance to learn about multicast properly yet however have a quick question. I understand that by default IGMP snooping is on (as shown from one of my 4500 switches below)Global IGMP Snooping configuration:----------------------------...

Hi All,We have been having a very strange problem affecting a lot of users within our company and we are struggling to understand the underlying issue.Briefly, we have a range of switches (but mainly 2950's and 3750's) with various levels of IOS loca...

I know that "show cable-diag tdr int [slot/port]" command can check 10/100/1000 etherent link. For example WS-X6748-GE-TX... etc.But I can find any command to check gigabit only ethernet link. for example WS-X6724-SFPIs there no command to check fibe...

I am trying to replace an older switch with a new switch but whoever configured the old switch configured the interfaces with this:interface FastEthernet0/12 description Center Lab switchport access vlan 214 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switc...

Hello,In the configuration, we had:boot system flash bootflash:boot system flash disk0:Our IOS is in the disk0 compact flash in the sup-720Now we changed it to only:boot system flash disk0:and it goes into ROMMON when reloaded the switch.But then aga...

I tried to update my IOS on a catalyst 2924 via tftp, and I recieved a buffer overflow error. Well, I thought there wasn't enough free space in flash so I deleted the current image file. So, I tried again and i get the same error, only now there is ...

VTP

HI, I Just want ask to what will happen if i have 2 switches that have same vtp domain and that this two switches are in server mode. These two switches are connected via L3 OSPf connection. Thanks

I have a vpn to a remote site and I want to redirect traffic on port 80 to a host on that network. I tried doing a route map like this:access-list 101 deny tcp any 172.17.16.0 0.0.0.255access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq wwwaccess-list 101 permi...

zirkelad by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes