Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Dear Friends,I have setup PBR on a 3560 (SW Version : 12.2(40)SE Advanced IP Services). The config is as follows:route-map mymap permit 10match ip address <access-list>set ip next hop 172.21.11.1 172.21.11.2int g0/25ip policy route-map mymapMy requir...

Dear Friends,Just wanted to know that if i put the native vlan for a trunk port, should it exist in the vlan database of the switch?For example, if i define a native vlan 900 for a trunk port, should vlan 900 too reside on the vlan database of the sw...

How do I go about checking exacly how much memory I have on the device and what processes should or should not be consuming majority of the memory.I have been advised that the memory usage has been increasing. At which point do get concerned about me...

Hi,anyone who has experienced about below logs ?.Jan 28 14:37:05.208 CCT: %ETHCNTR-3-LOOP_BACK_DETECTED: Keepalive packetloop-back detected on FastEthernet0/22..Jan 28 14:37:05.208 CCT: %PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: loopback error detected onFa0/22,putting Fa0/...

ney25 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I need some assistance on the following : -i) What is a SIP MAC Addreess within a switch/router ?ii) how does a switch detects a spoofed mac address ?iii) how do I check for the highest MAC address flow count inside a switch/router Thank you,Chee...

InternetB by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We use IAS for win2k as our radius server to authenticate users. In our Cat3750 switch to configure the following command: ================ aaa new-model aaa authentication login default group radius local aaa authentication login ConsoleAuth local l...

HiI have a network with a 2948G-L3 switch, a 2950 conected to it and another 2950 connected to the first 2950 (refer to the diagram). I am getting a lot of runts and corresponding number of overruns on the 2948 switch. It started a few days ago and s...

VictorAKur by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have a Cisco 3750 and I'm spanning a couple of ports to a single port where our Observer (packet capture server) is. These 2 ports I'm monitoring are in Vlan 2 and Vlan 3 but in Observer it shows no VLAn info, however I can all the other traffi...

whiteford by Level 1
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

3750G - adv-IPService Image , will this be able to be stacked with IPB 3750G . If possible , should i buy 3 IPS Image or will i be able to use the IPS in the stack master ?

We have 4 core switches(1,2,3,4) 1 is connected to 3 via tun1, 2 connects to 4 via tunnel 2. VRF's are running RIP V2. They also have RIP neighbors on other side of a BVI using Cisco FWSM blades. We seem to be losing packets on FTP transmissions. Any...

cfabius by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi every body!I have one question.My computer is connected by via wireless link to link system router which is connected to isp.when i issue the command" ipconfig" on my computer, i don't find dns entry. Here is the output:Ethernet adapter Wireless N...

sarahr202 by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is recommended way to define the Inside Global IP address inside a router?1) to be the same as the IP address defined on that router's interface?2) to be different from the IP address defined on that router's interface, but still in the same sub...