Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello all!I've run into a big STP problem that I need advice on how to deal with.See attached PDF for a network drawing of the current network.I've got one core that I have configured to be the STP root on 3 VLANSThe rest are pretty much access-switc...

azore2007 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Our network admin wants to segment our data center into separate networks and vlans. For example Domain Controllers would be 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 and vlan 100, File and print servers would be 10.1.2.0 255.255.255.0 and vlan 110, and Application s...

I have a switched network that is configured throughout using PIM sparse-dence-mode which is also configured for auto RP. There are a number of configured RP groups.We would like to make sure any unauthorized multicast groups are unable to stream to ...

One doubt: When calculating the cost of a nonroot switch to the root switch... do you add only the costs of outgoing interfaces on the path from the nonroot to the root or do you add the cost of all interfaces in every segment? I hope my question is ...

Hi,I am confused in a very basic concept. That is..OSPF uses DR/BDR election in Broadcast medium like LANHow EIGRP handles this situation. Whether it will create membership with all the Routers in the LAN?Can you please explain this.R.B.KUMAR

Hello,I have some problem, i can't disable 2 command in router:ip auth-proxy max-nodata-conns 3ip admission max-nodata-conns 3Because of this i can't activate some another command, for example: resource policyor,ip subnet-zeroPlease, can you help me ...

admin_2 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to route based on whether a specific subnet is part of an ACL and how do I go about configuring, eg a static route exits 1.10.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.1 but only if the packet coming in is a member of a particular ACL.Any help would...

jonhill by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello experts,Since there is no way to change the topic i repost this conversation here.I have this problem:3 switches - 1 - 4503 and 2 - 3750They run in a cluster.There is one 802.1Q trunk from each 3750 to the 4503.On the 4503 i create 2 VLANs with...

Hi, I have a network of 3 switches given in the diagram. I can ping any Ip from 2960_1 but I cannot ping even gateway from 2960_2. Can you tell me the problem. But can pingable any IPS from the Laptop connected that switch

goutam_04 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I have these case:I'm attaching a diagram where appear a simple interconetion:I have a host with a private IP address, which is being routed to manage purpose. I want to configure an overload nat, just because i need the bluecoat device contact a...