Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi guys,I'm not too sure but I have a 48-port Catalyst 3550 Series switch and I need to know if this switch is a Layer 3 switch?When I do a sh ver, one of the things it says is "Running Layer2/3 Switching Image"thanks in advance

insccisco by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I was getting ready to put my 851w on ebay to sell, but I wanted to clear all the configs off of it, but I got a little carried away and did a 'erase flash' as well as 'write erase'. now I get the No bootable image file: flash:/Unable to open boot fi...

ephelps69 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I wanna clarify few things on the voice vlan;1) I am going to use 1000+ phones on my new work and my current configuration is;interface GigabitEthernet0/1 description PHONE D104 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q switchport trunk native vlan 4 ...

drnteam by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We have been facing a problem with one of our remote sites for a couple of days now. Some users at the remote site were complaining of slow application response. My colleague and my self (we are at the main site) were checking the 3 switches there...

mo shea by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I upgraded a couple of 3550's to the latest 12.2(44)SE2 IP Services code recently and noticed IPV6 commands were available. I thought they might be visible but not accepted however they are accepted and when it is globally enabled (ipv6 unicast-rout...

I'm currently studying for my ICND2 and i'm working through the VTP, VLAN and STP concepts and configuration. Here's my problem.I have 2 switches, 2950 and a 2900. On the 2950 the fa0/24 is conneted to 2900 fa0/24 with trunking (dot1q) enable and wor...

i upgrade from a 2611 to a 3640 router. I am trying to get my home network on the internet. I have tried to configure the router and setup nat overload, but i can't get to the internet. I can ping both nics on the router and i can pping my switch e0...

Hello,I am trying to block subnets configured on the same L3_3550 vlan from seeing each other and from being accessed from other part of our network.I have the following as the 'IN' access-group on the vlan 3access-list 124 remark Allowed Management ...

With a 3-tiered server farm, including routed access and distribution layers, I have 2 questions:1.) Would I still be able to deploy network services, such as server load balancing, inter-vlan firewalling, ssl offloading, etc, at the distro layer? I...

lamav by Level 8
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Guys, I need help. I have a network where we install OS through PXE boot. I was trying to configure my VLANS. I have five VLANS. All servers are in one VLAN and all the other benches which broadcast in their respective VLAN. I am using windows 200...

Hi,I have some questions about HSRP1# what is HSRP2# what is the use of HSRP?3# why do we need it4# Explain it with examplesany help is appreciatedBava

bava_ccna by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having trouble accessing the Internet after using SDM to setup my 851W. At this point, I'm just trying to get the wired LAN working.- DHCP on router 192.168.1.101-111- WAN (FE04) gets DHCP address from cable modem- Firewall enabled- Local PC does...