Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

hi mates:)On Catalyst 3560, I have configured one of the 10/100/100 ports as router port and assigned IP address. using this command: "no switchport"Now I want to change it back to switchport but couldnt manage to do it.I tried the command "switchpor...

ohalnet53 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm interested to know whether it exists a case when the TCP MSS (Maximum Segment Size) is greater than MTU - 40bytes (40bytes comes from IP header of 20bytes + TCP header of 20bytes).Or with another words could we set MSS independently from MTU? Or ...

Hi. I have a novice question regarding router ports. The scenario is that I have a new router and after connecting the cables to other devices, i log in to its console port. Since it is a new router, there are no configurations setup on its ports....

I know this has been discussed in detail before but any advice would be much appreciated!We have a 6509 with SUP2's an SFM2 and multiple WS-X6548-GE-TX's, I understand that this card is oversubscribed to an 8:1 ratio, whereby if one port is pushing a...

Resolved! loop guard

HelloI have a question about a loop guard mechanism. How many time the loop-guard waits before changing the port state into loop-inconsistent with 802.1d. Those it waits 3 x hello time or max-age time ?

Hello,I am having a problem pinging from my vlan to end stations on my network.A Tracert from my laptop in the vlan shows that the packet stops on the 200 subnet on the router. Vlan is in 200 subnet.There are only one network and one vlan setup on th...

rcastle by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have an AP connected to FA0/1 and FA0/3 is connected th a ASA 5505. VLAN 20 is a secure wireless vlan and VLAN 30 is a unsecure wireless vlan. All vlans can get to the internet but I can no longer access the switch or any device attatched to the sw...

rmwhite59 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

This is on Page 209 of BCMSN 4th Edition Self-Study Guide CCNP Learning by Froom, Sivasubramanian, Erum. The following is the configuration given in the review questions of Chapter 4 (Ex 4-31, Pg 209):int Gi3/9mtu 9216no ip addressswitchportswitchpo...

sidpatel4 by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

If i configure a vlan on a switch , say vlan 100 and only configure trunk ports to carry that vlan traffic - there is no access port on vlan 100. Is it going to work or do I need to ocnfigure atleast one port in vlan 100 in access mode? This is on a ...