Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi,we upgraded the c4500 SUPIV to 12.2.37SG. 1-2 weeks later we sensed that some switch does not reply the snmp packets and send the following message when snmp packets receive.SNMP-3-INPUT_QFULL-ERR: Packet dropped due to input queue full.We tried s...

Say i have two Distribution Switches "A" and "B". Switch A is using PVST+ for all Odd Vlan. Switch B is using PVST+ for Even Vlan.Now I have one Edge Switch "C" connected to both Switches A and B. The current STP priority configuration for Switch A o...

Greeting,One of my catalyst 3550 has been installed the same version of IOS twice, accidentally. After the first upgrade, the switch had been reload, so the switch currently is running ok.But, after second upgrade, (which do not reload yet), there is...

julxu by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

New to Cisco gear and foolishly erased flash in attempt to reset back to factory defaults. I can see the files I need on the Cisco download but do not have access as I'm only a registered guest and cannot afford a service contract. Would some kind so...

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport trunk native vlan xswitchport trunk allowed vlan 1,x,y,1002-1005switchport mode trunkswitchport voice vlan yTaken from part of the configuration.I have some questions about this configuration. I read fro...

Hi All, Seeking your help on how to remove a manually configured switchport security.No clue given on the IOS help on this, i am running 2950 series.The three commands known are only for dynamic entries i.e# clear mac address-table dynamic#clea...

newnetman by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

ro1-52133 uptime is 2 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours, 52 minutesSystem returned to ROM by bus error at PC 0x0, address 0x0 at 10:27:22 CDT Tue Sep 18 2007System restarted at 10:05:27 CDT Tue Sep 18 2007System image file is "flash:c2800nm-advsecurityk9-mz.124...

Hi all,I have an issue on my network.Find attached the network diagram.Three different providers are connected to a plain switch.The three different providers in turn provide point to point connectivity to all the terminals in different locations.The...

T1success by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi Cisco EngineersI will like answers to the follwing questions(1) How do i configure Vlan on HWIC-4ESW.Also how do i allow the differnt vlan to talk each other ie Inter VLAN routing on HWIC - 4ESW.(2) Give an example of a router configuration (2811...

T1success by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,We are planning a multicast video network comprising of a pair of Catalyst 6500s in the core, and fiber optic access rings with Catalyst 2960s (VLAN traffic separation) to connect the camera feeds (approx. 200 MPEG-4 streams). Recorders and displ...

I am curious about modifying ACLs associated with an outbound distribute-list.Upon making modifications to the ACL (ip access-list XX permit xx.xx.xx.xx) is it normal behavior for the peers to flap (distribute list is attached to a named interface).I...

acennami by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm just testing this out. I have configured two VRF instance. And I'm exporting and importing vrf table from Cust-A to vice versa. ip vrf Cust-A rd 1:1 route-target export 1:1 route-target import 1:1 route-target import 2:2 ! ip vrf Cust-B rd 2:2 ro...

jahilnt10 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, sorry for the petty question, I just picked up a c2900 and I booted it up and it seems that the last person that owned it tried upgrading it and didnt realize that it only has 1720K flash... my problem is that I only found 2 images that I can put...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card