Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have Cisco 4500 switch  port Gig22 show 88-99 % usage frequently  port stats  shows its a trunk port all vlan's are allowed i see a lot of Multicast and Broadcast  traffic , My question is how can i tell which Vlan causing  this huge traffic  .

Hi allI'm upgrading a switch Cisco9200-48p from IOS 16.12.02 to 16.12.03a in install mode.I've seen that after upgrade, the flash disk space is under 1 GB. 97194 -rw- 390173716 May 8 2020 22:37:44 +00:00 cat9k_lite-rpbase.16.12.02.SPA.pkg97197 -rw- 4...

marzi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, What would be the best practice to migrate the STP root (primary and secondary) for my VLANs to 2 new switches and migrate the HSRP (active / standby) to these new multilayer switches with minimal interruption to the service. Should I move first ...

ru83n by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, Is the port access or trunk mode? it has both config but which take precedence? What is the best command to verify? switchport access vlan 10switchport trunk encapsulation dot1qswitchport mode access

getaway51 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Helpful votes

Resolved! VTP mode OFF

Hi Experts,, If VTP is not running in a network , is there any problem in using VTP MODE OFF  in the switches ? or still we should use VTP MODE TRANSPARENT. thanks

Dear All, I am missing something but what is it? Not getting any idea. I am configuring Netflow 9 and I am not getting top-talker on the prtg.    flow record frPrtgdescription Prtgmatch ipv4 tosmatch ipv4 protocolmatch ipv4 source addressmatch ipv4 d...

Good MorningWe have a couple of 4500 switches that are being removed. Thery are no longer connected to the network and I am trying to get into them. Just get the user mode prompt and when I try to log in with password I set it doesnt work. Do I need ...

beach5563 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card