cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

A customer wants Wireless access in a small area which is 250 yds outside their door, across a parking lot. My question, would signal from a 1200 WAP, with mast mounted antennas, reach this area or should I setup a bridge?

edwardsjj by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does this message necessarily mean that the flash memory is damaged?AP#sh flash:Directory of flash:/%Error opening flash:/ (Invalid argument)No space information availableThanks.

carlossal by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know that the power on 1310 is 20 mw for both cck and ofdm. On last bridge I saw (ios 12.3.7), I found out that these values changed: 50 mw for cck and 30 mw for ofdm. I tried to upgrade an old bridge to the new ios but the values didn't change.Wha...

fgiarlo by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HiI need to purchase a wireless access point and it will only be used to transmit data and nothing more. I have restricted my choice between a Linksys WAP54GP and Cisco Aironet 1100 but can't make up my mind on which one to buy. What does the Cisco b...

tyeung by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am looking at connecting to a wireless ISP that has a tower just below my house, the signal strength is high enough that I can connect with a standard wireless card without having to use an external antenna. I would like to install a wireless rout...

NPT_2 by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I know this AP ships with a full IOS but here is my design question. In another setup, I have used a similar AP as the default AP on the wifi network, but have used a PIX as the default gateway.On this network, I don't have a PIX or another router to...

I have implemented WLAN in a four floor building as per the following e.g.:-vlan 2 - 1st/3rd floor subnet 2.x.x.2 /24 - SSID Corporatevlan 3 - 2nd/4th floor subnet 3.x.x.3 /24 - SSID Corporatevlan 4 - all floors guest access subnet 4.x.x.4 /24 - SSID...

j-tyler by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are installing our first NM-AIR-WLC6 module. The router has very strict ACLS applied to the AP facing fast ethernet interface.The LWAPP documentation list the ports required to be open for WCS to WLS communications, but does not list the ports ne...

mdeloach by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

HelloWe tried to authenticate the radius user request from a wireless controller 4402 by a novell border manager 3.6.The border manager was not able to understand the request and got back the error(-803)no such user.This behavor is equal for LEAP, WP...

keynet by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anyone know if there is an issue with a Linux client associating with an Aironet 1100 using WEP? Windows clients are connecting fine, and the Linux client connects to Linksys branded APs with WEP no problem.Aironet config:IOS 12.3(2)16 AP on sa...

Since there is little documentation on the Airespace controllers, I thought I would give this forum a try a try.I keep receiving this error:x_auth_pae.c 2367: Reached Max EAP-Identity Request retries (21) for STA 00:13:XX:XX:XX:XX

cplatt01 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Have any of you used a Cisco 113AG Access Point with a Cisco PoE.The problem I have is when I use the power supply directly plugged into the AP it works fine and has been configured (IP, WPA etc). When I use the power injector I can ping and log int...

jagajutt by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card