Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi Guys, We are in the middle of a migration to the new core (9500) with VSL. We are just doing some redundancy tests and we would like to know if it is possible to always have switch 1 active as it recovers, like 9300 do with the stack. So we have: ...

Mkvts by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a cisco RV325 router that I got from a goodwill a while back and I have had not much need for it up until now. I had a network switch that just died and it's gonna be a minute before I can replace it and I need to get something up and running ...

Hi all,I have in my hand an sg300-28p with firmware 1.3.0.62 and bootloader 1.1.0.6. I want to put it in the latest version (I'm aware of the in-between I have to do because of new bootloader version) but I don't see any firmware for my switch.There ...

elwan by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Yeah, I think I did a no no.After the Nexus reboots it simply stays here;   CISCO SWITCH Ver7.69 Switch G1 Device detected on 0:6:0 after 0 msecs Device detected on 0:1:1 after 0 msecs Device detected on 0:1:0 after 0 msecs MCFrequency 1333Mhz Reloca...

TheGoob by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have got SNTC-8X5XNBD with my new 9XXX switches. I was wondering if this means that i can open tickets with cisco in case i get issues? because when i tried to do so i was able to only open warranty tickets not even Severity 1 tickets? 

baselzind by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all.  I have an issue I am trying to work out.  I am still crawling when it comes to networking, so I hope this isn't a dumb question.  I have a switch that is showing activity on it.  It is flashing green.  The other end of the cable goes into...

Hi all!Long time follower first time poster. I am having some trouble understanding the following topology attached. My general question is how is it possible that the standby HSRP router gets the return path traffic and is allowed to unicast flood t...

So I bought a C9300-24UX-A for my homelab (not new). It came with a C9300-NM-4G and I also bought a C9300-NM-2Y (dual sfp28) however I cannot get either module to show up in suing "show inventory" and the 25gb module does not ever get a link with the...

I have a 2960-S stack and I am unable to log in with SSH or Telnet.  When I connect to the console I just get logs scrolling and when it comes up to the log in prompt if I am not fast enough the logs take over and it just keeps scrolling past it.  I ...

tlaugh by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Helpful votes

Hello Guys, we have one 9500-16X and we need to upgrade its image from 16.12.4 to 17.9.4a. I am having one doubt that what steps required to upgrade its rommon? Currently rommon image is 16.12.2r and i found that to upgrade its rommon & image we need...

Noovi by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a problem with 'IP DHCP SNOOPING', we have port on switch that it is connected a access control device, but, it doesn't work when we set port with 'ip dhcp snooping limit rate 10', we snifered mirroring this port in notebook with wireshark in...

Team,We have a requirement of configuring "lacp rate fast" on our Cisco switch. We understand that this is not recommended with SSO.In this case we are looking to configure this on a "N9K-C93360YC-FX2" switch. On these switch with no SUP failure capa...