Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have a 3650 which I am trying to upgrade from a TFTP server on the same LAN. The tftp is used to automatically back up the config using archive commands so copying from Cisco to TFTP works all the time.   When I try to copy from TFTP to the Cisco I...

Hello, we have a switch stack (2x WS-C2960S-48LPS-L and 2x WS-C2960X-48FPD-L) whith global feature "ip device tracking" activated.   However, the "show ip device tracking all" command displays only interfaces from the first switch, although it indica...

I have referred various documentation on PRP implementation. In all those documents it says LAN A and LAN B shall not be connected. Recently I had a query that what will happen if purposely LAN A and LAN B directly connected.Will it create a broadcas...

saminda by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

WS-C2960X-24PS-L   How can i verify if a specific port is configured correctly to accept jumbo packets?   CISCO2960stk#CISCO2960stk#sh int gi1/0/17 switchportName: Gi1/0/17Switchport: EnabledAdministrative Mode: trunkOperational Mode: trunkAdministra...

Solucionado, cambie de socalo y reinicie el cmts y listo.. ****Despues de ip routing, que otra sentencia tengo que habilitar para alcanzar dispositivos de mi subred a la que pertenece mi puerto GigabitEthernet1/0/0, desde el puerto FastEthernet0/0/0 ...

frajvep by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,   Trying to understand how the default queuing model works on a cisco 3850 when using limited markings.   For example:    interfaces towards users: service-policy input voice-in   interface towards svi on core service-policy output voice-out ...

lb3 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All, In a scenario where router has MTU set to 1500 on both LAN and WAN interface. If any server from LAN sends a jumbo frame (9000 byte) then will that frame be sent outside or drop?

Hello, I have to peer with a cloud services with the use of QinQ (802.1ad). We have a router Catalyst 4500-X connected to our service provider. The cloud services gave us this sample configuration to use on our router: interface TenGigabitEthernet1...

Elbrabra by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, I am currently taking the Cisco Routing and Switching class through NetAcademy. I went out and purchased a used 6500 Cisco with a S720 switch. Unfortunately, it boots to the router, and I am unable to get it to the switch. I believe it's missi...

tswank by Level 1
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card