Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi I have just change the MTU size on all switches in my lab to 1550(mtu, jumbo, routing) and when I do a ping sweep I get to transfer 1550B packets.But when i look at show vlan, the vlan MTU is still 1500. If I then do a show vlan mtu, the MTU is 15...

Hi When I ping to one of the H3C comware switch in our network I don't get any reply .all switches and my hosts are in default vlan .I tried to debug on the destination H3c Comware switch to which I am pinging . I found below details which might be t...

Hi All,I'm running into an issue that I hope can be easily resolved and attributed to me being stupid....My Nexus 5548 will only allow 1 destination per span session?! Is this correct?HQ-N5k-2(config-if-range)# monitor session 1HQ-N5k-2(config-monito...

rtjensen4 by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,  Haven't tried this, what if i have NSSA Area and in that area i have ASBR1, ASBR2, ASBR3 and ASBR4they create type 7 lsa from redistribution to the ABR to become type 5, are each ASBR receive every other external routes? or don't? will they ...

Hi Experts, I am using a 6509 sup720 engine. I am thinking of getting 2 customers, 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2, to share a 20mbps bandwidth. I do an ACL for each IP, a class map that matches these 2 ACL and a policy map for the created class map. In th...

Zeeeee by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Good day!my first post.. bear with me as I try to explain where I'm stuck. If you need any further info please let me know.I'm pretty new to the NX-OS, configged several but never in sync with peer.I'm on a project with a customer who has 2 5548's, i...

Hi,We have a couple C3850 switches hanging in a stack that generate the following error every minute since a month:%SPI_FC-3-HIGH_WMARK_REACHED: Number of messages in the queue for channel 11 has reached maximum.-Traceback= 1#7824234920237968b4a0a56d...

Hi,  I wonder how can I prevent ping from each subnet so they cannot see each other, I know that it might be with an ACL, does any have any idea? I have the following 2 interface vlans Interface Vlan10 description  SUBNET 1 ip address 10.13.136.2 ...

I have flat network There is no VLAN in this everyone is connected to Default  VLAN   In this network most of time packet should be drop i can not ping the switches but there is  no problem with end user. Switch#show int trunk f0/1  802.2q native VL...

Hello !! I have tried to connect vlans to a router using trunk, but I cannot ping between the vlans. Please help with it. I have given the topology and configuraions used below:  ROUTER | | -------- Switch--------- |                               |  ...

Hello Experts, I am new in Networking world and learning about Switching part. I am getting confused in Spanning Tree Protocol. Can some help me to understand this STP part? What is the purpose of this STP and where we are using it? Thanks in advan...

Dear all, can someone tell me how many ipv4 and ipv6 routes are supported on the Catalyst 3850 switch. According to the data sheet it is mentioned that the switch supports 24000 ipv4 routes but there is nothing mentioned about IPv6 ? Can someone pl...

by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all,we have recently added another VDSL broadband circuit to our network but am having difficulty integrating it with our existing VDSL one.  We are using a 2851 router with 15.1(4)M12a software.  Both VDSL circuits are FTTC, the existing one is w...