Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hi all, I have a quick query regarding splitting our subnet down. Basically we are a managed school and receive an IP range of 10.193.8.x/21 with a Cisco router located on site with an interface ip of 10.193.8.1 and can only get out to the internet...

Jamie Joh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a WS-C3750X-48T-L switch I'm trying to perform upgrade of IOS to version 15.2 (4) E2 and it does not update. It starts the boot by version and at the end displays the message boot failed.Yet another switch that I have the same model upgrade wa...

csperansa by Level 1
  • 15 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Dear All, I have Cisco 4506 switch (WS-C4506) with SUP IV (WS-X4515) and line cards 48 ports 10/100BaseTX (WS-X4148-RJ45V). When I try to transfer file between 2 PCs connected to 2 different line cards (Fa2/40 and Fa3/23), it does not exceed 11.4 to ...

Hi I am trying to figure what would be the impact on the service when allocating new interfaces (from a different interface group) to an existing VDC. I could not find any document explaining this. thanks for your help and support. cheers, chris

Chris P by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

we have a customer who has deployed Enterasys C5 switch which shows error of maximum ARP limit increases 4096. we are trying to replace Enterasys model with Cisco. Is there any reference document for the maximum limit of ARP supported by 2960X and 29...

Hi Guys, I've just seen an  odd way to inject a prefix to bgp via rip redistribution. It seems strange to me that  the prefix 2.3.76.11/32 not being a rip route still getting injected into BGP table. On top of that I don't understand why 2.3.76.11/3...

What is the best way to have layer3 connectivity ( layer3-MEC or SVI+MEC ) between  Cat6k-quad-sup-VSS core   and   Cat6k-quad-sup-VSS distribution? Does Cisco recommends any particular configuration?

Can a switch providing network with out connecting to the Core Switch ? Excuse my ignorance, but we have in our company LAN network and we use the core switch and everything .. However, my boss bring a small switch and he powered on the switch and c...

mohd.yy by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Cisco C6880-X running 151-2.SY3 We we installed OIR a C6880-X-16P10G hot-swappable card and CPU went to 100%, also appears routed SVI's dropped on card install and subsequent card cycle post upgrade. Furthermore, seems L3 routed interfaces stayed onl...

mmason221 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm having an intermittent problem with a pair of 1000BASE-LH layer-3 fiber links from a 3750X stack to a VSS pair of 4500 core switches. The links are working fine and then spontaneously both fail at the exact same time. Failure mode is loss of link...

kevingrss by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card