Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Hello, I am having trouble understanding the direction in which the load-balancing algorithm is applied in a switching scenario. Consider two switches S1 and S2 connect together via a port-channel. S1 is on the left and S2 is on the right. On S1 if...

Configured two 5548 Nexus switches with VPC and a 4506 as an access switch with a port channel trunk uplink. All looks OK but when I fail one of the links from the 4506 connectivity is lost for 30 - 45 seconds. Almost like spanning tree re-converging...

chrihussey by VIP Alumni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

hello all, when creating a static route the next hop can be identified by an IP address, exit interface, or both. depending on which one is used a following route type will be created: Next-hop route - Only the next-hop IP address is specified. Di...

I have been asked to help a customer with his following request:   "I have a Cisco SG300-10PP switch connected to 4 Axis IP cameras, which I use for home security, and a Synology NAS drive. It works fine, but I want to use it in 'Layer 3' so that the...

Forum, I was working at a client site today and I came across what looks to me as a very unusual configuration on a switch port. Typically we do not see switch ports which are configured both as a trunk port and an access port. In all actuality, I wo...

Hi, Can any one explain if below two models has builtin 1 G electrical Copper ports?  or only SFP Base modules supported, means it will have empty slots and additional copper or fiber sfp need to be bought? actually i am looking for 3850x model with...

Hi all! Based on this configuration/topology i want to advertise the BGP route on the default route and vice versa. Can somebody help me? Regards Michele Building configuration... Current configuration : 2747 bytes!version 12.4service timestamps deb...

I have few queries regarding Cisco switches Cisco 2960X-24TS-L and 2960X-48TS-L switches  1) )     Whether Cisco WS-2960X-24TS-L and  WS-2960X-48TS-L is POE or Non POE Switches ??   2) If  the above mentioned are Non POE Switches,then are we able to...

Hello,  I have one problem with SG100D-08P. I connected one PC & one IP-CAM via this switch (I tried with PoE and without it, and different ports). ACT LED on CAM port periodically goes down for 2 seconds. IP-Cam Main and sub-stream works with huge f...

melpskov1 by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am trying to connect 3 switches using Port priority. I would like to have vlans 1-98 on one leg and 99 and up on the other. With the vlans able to switch in the event of a failure. Vlan 1-98 conect Sw1 gig 4/0/16 to Sw2 gig 1/0/2Vlan 99-4094 connec...

dgragg002 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

When I do a sh ver on my WS-3750X-24S I see this in the license portion:  License level: ipbase, License Type: Permanent Next reload license Level: ip base I have ran the command license boot level ip services so why is it not showing that when I do ...

Hi, I'm trying to configure Netflow on a Cisco 3925 runing IOS  Version 15.0(1r)M8. These are the Netflow commands I'm using flow record NFRECORDmatch ipv4 source addressmatch ipv4 destination addressmatch ipv4 protocolmatch transport source-portma...

Resolved! Port not enabled

Hello experts sorry if this is in the wrong section but i'm new here :) So i'm an IT officer in a company the network is built and based on cisco i have a little to no knowledge regarding to cisco i'm more of a programmer but i decided to start handl...