Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

Resolved! LAN QoS Advice

Hello Team, We are about to migrate our Avaya phone system to Cisco 9.1 in on of our locations. Most of our switches there are old (3750 stacks w/ IPServices running 12.2(25) code). All phones will be replaced with a 8841 IP phone which will connect ...

Below is the config of 2xCore and 4x2960S stacking switch config. the Red colour indiciate the missing vlan and ip default gateway please advise by adding them will fix the stacking problem. as end clinets are unable to get connect to network.   ...

According to the 3750 QoS configuration guide, the output default queue sets (1 or 2) have 25% buffers in each of the 4 queues. Does this mean that whilst using the default queue configuration, there is no benefit to classifying traffic into any spec...

Hello, I'm studying for my CCNP route and I was wondering if someone could confirm that the understanding I have of CEF and how it uses the FIB and Adjacency table is somewhat accurate. CEF uses the FIB and adjacency table to encapsulate and forwa...

act/lshut appears in 'show vlan' when I use the 'shutdown' command in vlan configuration mode. When does act/ishut appear in 'show vlan'? Command Refference says that it appears when "is shut down internally". What does mean "is shut down internally"...

kondratev by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am doing some research for 10Gbe for existing distribution switches back to our core switches. If anyone can chime in, very much appreciated...Cisco is not my strong point...but a work in progress! Here are the details if anyone can help validate...

Hi all, Currently experiencing a very weird problem (Which I shall raise a TAC for at some point) but was wondering if anyone could help before I do? We recently upgraded four Nexus 5548UP switches from 6.0.2 N2 to 7.0.1.N1(1a) they are two pairs bot...

Jim R by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have ISR 4331 that have only 2 ports, right now in my environment I have L3 switches and several access switches. My question is, i want to have 2 ISP for redundancy, but i am lack of ports, is there a solution if i want to plug my isp cable to ac...

Hello, we are connecting certain video streaming devices onto 4510 switchports.  How do you check the buffer size of the switchports?  I need to know if its enough for the bitrate that those video streaming devices will be transmitting.  Thank you!

afsharki2 by Level 1
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes