Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I have been analyzing packets with Wireshark and noticed that I occasionally have ICMP replies that are not destined to my switchport. This actually occurs on all switchports so it looks like it is a broadcast. However, the frame destination address ...

Hi I have Cisco 2960S switch having IOS c2960-lanbasek9-mz.150-2.SE6 instaled on it. I am facing issue with loading IOS After loading IOS switch goes on hang state nothing happens after executing. Please find the log and suggest.Using driver version ...

Hi , im an ISP for internet and i have about 900Mbps internet my topology in simple as below LAN-----------ASR-gateway-------------Porivder my ASR-gateway is the router conntecd to the ISP actually i applied QOS on my router  ASR 1002 many times with...

Dr.X by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello,The Cisco 3702 or 3602 Aironet AP has four antennas. I was wondering if I can set one antenna as transmitter and the other one as receiver?As far as I know, this should be doable and is called infrastructure mode(?). But my question is that how...

Need some clarity on VTP Pruning.What I understand:When pruning is done on trunk interface of a switch, the data frames corresponding to pruned VLAN will not not pass through the Switch's trunk.Here is some doubt on VTP Pruning:Q1) Can VTP pruning of...

azmunnabi by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello.I have a 4-ports EtherChannel on a pair of stacked Catalyst 2960XR, connected via a cross-switch LAG to a IBM EN4093.I would like to make sure, the LAG we set up is correctly configured, before executing any physical fail-over test. Since I'm n...

ondorePAR by Level 1
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Greetings to all!I have a 6001 running 7.0(2)N1(1) and I'm running in to an issue or at least I think I am. Here is a napkin drawing of the topology. Attached is more details on the Panduit cable. It’s really just a hydra cable (1x40G breaks out to 4...

tearl42 by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello I do not understand how EIGRP chooses the ASA inside interface as the default gateway. My ASA inside interface is the default gateway for my network. The route table shows this is dynamicallyadvertised via EIGRP.                  0.0.0.0/0, ube...

We have 2-3560g (running L3) trunked through a 100Mb MetroEthernet at 2 different location. Recently added a second 5mb MetroE from another ISP for redundancy. Confiugred both 3560g with EIGRP variance 2 and confirmed that the 5Mb MetroE is passing p...

edgar.tan by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Switch 2960S with high memory: Processor Pool Total:   66989736 Used:   43843696 Free:   23146040      I/O Pool Total:   14680064 Used:   12353372 Free:    2326692Driver te Pool Total:    1048576 Used:         40 Free:    1048536 PID TTY  Allocated  ...

Guys, I am trying to create RSPAN on Catalyst 2950 and I am not sure what does it mean reflector port?? I followedhttp://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2950/software/release/12-1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/2950scg/swspan.html#wp10...

usskenet by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card