Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

My mgt Vlan is 50.I have 2 4550 switches and 4 2960. I am not using any protocol for routing. We have several Vlan's of which the Corp is Vlan 10. mgt 192.168.50.0/24Corp 192.168.10.0/24GW on the switch is 192.168.10.1My 4550 is 192.168.50.10 and my ...

Could someone explain the various link-failover mechanisms and how they work in this particular design?Cisco describes this approach, "The time-proven topology that provides the highest availability does not require STP/RSTP convergence. In this topo...

garcia by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I am using 3500 series switch which is 1st configured on 2007 and now we are recieving complaint about that switch. I has very high response Time as compare to others (Network Performance Monitor) , no mismatch error, no ports error but still facing ...

Can anyone give me a syntaxto set this on a Cisco switch?  I've searched and searched, I keep coming up with general options for DHCP.here's what I'm facing:  I have a 2960G divided into 4 vlans.  This is because I have to set up a network in a small...

suelange by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Tried to look on the Cisco site for this switch model, could not readily find the answer...I have a C4506-E switch with a Sup 6L-E running cat4500e-LANBASEK9-M, Version 12.2(53)SG1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1) I just got a WS-X4648-RJ45-E module, and I ne...

Can you have a static route on your Nexus 7000 core switches that traverses the VPC to the Nexus 5,000's and then across the VPC to a device (maybe a single attached firewall) on a Cisco FEX?I know there are strict rules regarding routing over a VPC,...

Hi !According to our special conditions, specific IP Address should be assigned to specific portsI mean, any guest which connects its computer to a specific port (e.g. Gi 0/4) should get a specific ip (e.g. 10.10.10.1/24) and no other ip should workt...

Hitrying to monitor a port for monitoring. I configured our websense interface to monitor our firewall inside interface:Session 1---------Type                   : Local SessionSource Ports           :    Both               : Gi0/3Destination Ports   ...

Hi all,I'm aiming to achieve something so simple I cannot believe it isn't working already!Essentially I have a 24 port 3560 switch in our company DMZ. All ports on the switch are in VLAN98 (DMZ VLAN). A few servers with static IPs in the relevant ra...