Switching

Discuss Catalyst brand switches with peers and experts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Get 20% off switches when you combine Cisco solutions

Labels

Forum Posts

I'm having a problem with DHCP snooping on a 3560. The switch is running 12.2(40)SE, and is acting as a DHCP server for one VLAN only. A second VLAN has its DHCP server external to the switch. If I turn on DHCP snooping for both VLANs, I only get the...

gkuzmowycz by Level 1
  • 13 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi all, im after some advice re vlan gateway's per switch!I'm currently implementing some new vlans, we have 2 core switches (4500's) that are connected via an etherchannel which our access switches connect into. One being the VTP master (if thats re...

Alright, so I got a 2926g that was recycled so I am trying to set this up for our LAN. I have reset about 30+ routers in the last few years but I cannot seem to get this switch to cooperate... The usual procedure of accessing rommon with ctrl+break w...

Here is my setup: I have switch SF300 with two VLANSVLAN1 - IP 192.168.1.1 also swtch's IPVLAN2 - IP 192.168.2.1I have cisco router for WAN -  IP 192.168.1.19in the switch  SF300 i have default route 0.0.0.0/0 to 192.168.1.19in the router i have rout...

StaismanS by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I think this may be an easy question.....if I'm trunking a switchport  that is connected to a VM instance, will I see interface errors on that trunk port? (input errors, CRC errors, etc)Thanks--Brian

maxnpj by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I'm thinking about using UDLD on our fiber links. I know that it is important that UDLD detects a uni-irectional link before spanning-tree converges. We have default timers for our spanning-tree configuration, which from what I understand, will give ...

I have 2 Servers which need to have a heartbeat connection between themselves. When I connect a Dlink hub between them the heartbeat works fine. But when I connect them across two server farm switch in the same L2 VLAN the setup does not work. The he...

jennyjohn by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello all, I'm in a doubth whether to use redirect in or redirect out.I have concluded to the following:1)Redirect in: Redirecting the traffic when the traffic is ingressed to the wan interface2)Redirect out: Redirecting the traffic when the traffic ...

Dear Friends,In cisco devices, under 'show line' output, the Tty line number associated with AUX is 65. (Sometimes the corresponding Tty line will be 5 or 1, it depends on internal architechture).Router# show line   Tty Typ     Tx/Rx    A Modem  Roty...

hello everyone, i have been searching the forums for quite some time and can't get the answer i'm looking which embarasses me, i have a fair understanding of networking, yet this is my first experience in the cisco/business networking area.what i am ...

jbunn1984 by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello Experts,I have a query on running VPC with two Nexus 7ks.1>  VPC peer-link is made up of 2 dedicated 10g links. Can I have a peer-link , where link 1 is on one type of line card ( say N7K-M132XP-12L ) AND link 2 is on another type of line card ...

ghias by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes